ADT Essential Wireless Package

Bullshit. You sound like the typical ADT brainwashed sales person. You can do the same thing for any installation trade. Any average installation company, with any experience in this trade, doesn't advertise in the yellow pages. So .... in fact, anyone who's advertising in them is either a large company who's got the deep pockets to do it and doesn't miss the exobitant amount of money they cost, for the mininimal response gleaned from them ..... or .... someone who doesn't know any better. It's all word of mouth referrals in this and in most trades .... and if you had any experience as an entrepreneur rather than an employee, you'd know that.

Here's a little game for YOU to play.

Find my company name in a phone book.

Nah, don't bother. Yet ....... I've been in this industry for 36 years, have an unlisted telephone number, don't advertise and I've had a box of 1000 business cards for about 10 years and it isn't even half empty. If I told you what my income was and how many accounts I have and gain every month ...... you'd actually shut your mouth for at least a second.

Here's another game. Give me ANY already installed ADT residential system and I'll take it away from them within an hour. Their sales people are generally unaware of how systems should be installed or spec'd. They are almost taught how to sell a system but don't have a clue about where and how things should be installed. I've taken every job away from them that I've ever quoted. They stink.

With regard to their installations ..... Their touting to unsuspecting end users, that three doors and a motion detector is a "comprehensive, state of the art alarm system" has ruined this industry. In spite of the fact that most of their jobs are spec'd as wireless, their subcontracted or directly employed installers don't know how to install them. Since the installers generally don't have to do service the service calls, the installs are done sloppy and improper because they leave it up to the servicemen to fix their mistakes or depend upon the fact that the end user doesn't know that it's not done that way by experienced installers ..... who actually CARE about their customers. They wouldn't know how to install a concealed contact if their lives depened on it. Or .... perhaps I should say, they WOULDN'T install one. They generally do shoddy and slipshod work leaving wires and component exposed. They don't install RJ31X jacks or panel earth grounds, unless it's really-really convenient. Motion detectors mounted over keypads, because it's convenient, so that they've got to be put on delay. Wireless transmitters mounted on doors rather than molding, because it's more convenient. Siren mounted right below the motion detector, because it's convenient.

Gimme a break with your defense of a defensless miscreant in this trade. The only reason that you don't have every participant in this Newsgroup jamming this back up your ass is because we've been down this road so many times before, it gets rather boring to have to put up with people like you, who occasionally come here showing how oblivious they are to what actually happens in this trade.

By the way, keep in mind that "this trade" is composed of primarily small alarm installation companys, who make up the majority of the trade, and install more systems and monitor more accounts than all of the "mega" companys put together.

Do YOU get the picture now?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

BINGO

Reply to
Danny

In terms of revenue generation, the dealer program is very successful. In terms of trashing ADT's once good reputation in this industry, I'd say it has been pretty successful at that too.

Reply to
J.

That was 8 years ago. I'm talking about what is happening now.

Everything I've posted is true. Name something that isn't.

More of your useless opinions.

Reply to
J.

Very true. They may have to buy a control panel for $100 or so. Of course, many other companies use off the shelf controls and lock them out for no other reason than they don't want to make it easy for a customer to switch. ADT uses a different version of programming software.

In a free market economy, supply and demand dictate pricing. From the research we've done, ADT's pricing is on par with reputable local company pricing using UL Listed centrals and operating a repair service department. There's always someone out there who will do it cheaper. Somebody will monitor you for 3 bucks a month, but what do you really get at that price?

Reply to
J.

Like many natural disasters, hurricanes effect a very large area with a very wide range of damage. Relatively little area is totally destroyed. Many customers will have relativey little damage. It is these customers that benefit most from a company with vast resources who can bring in service personnel from surrounding states. Also, if your monitoring center is located away from your immediate area, it could be destroyed while your property is not harmed at all.

Reply to
J.

What he said. js

>
Reply to
alarman

Wow. How long did it take you to write that? Hope you've calmed down a little. Sounds like you don't know shit about running a business.

Reply to
J.

Yes, I learned that today.

"J. @netscape.net>"

Reply to
Mike

I'm interested ]to know of the rife w/ problems re: adt dealers.

Reply to
Mike

My neigborhood - 11 adt 1 night watch, 1 brinks, 1 private contractor (great install hard wired and senors, glass breakers, etc. problem is installer sold out now horrible monitoring service. ADT seems to be installed in the more upscale houses. Of course, all the new house (>$500K) are all ADT they were not included in my informal survey.

>
Reply to
Mike

Excellent idea.

Reply to
Mike

technology changes in other fields what's great today maybe yesterday's news next month. adt tells me they have five monitoring centers around the country

Reply to
Mike

a few houses in my neighborhood have alarms that are no longer monitored because the company went out of business.

Reply to
Mike

If it's such "common practice" for local companies, why not post a few names from your own area?? And if you're referring to the alarmco using a unique installer code (which the customer is not told about), then I would agree that *is* "common practice". After all, unlike the majority of people you deal with, most of the customers I deal with wouldn't be capable of programming their own panels (even *with* the manuals) and

98% are monitored.

As long as we're monitoring your panel, darn rights we won't give you access to programming. No alarmco would.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"J. @netscape.net>" You may be able to do that with some local company. ADT has too much

I considered that but I decided the monitoring was important and so far I like ADT's the best.

Reply to
Mike

Where I live the independents are under tremendous pressure.The way they're being bought up they'll be the big dog on the porch pretty soon.

Reply to
Mike

The sales guy I talked w/ was low key, kept giving me options, but didnot try to hook me or get to sign a contract right then. We also enjoyed a good laugh about the $6,000.00 shower curtain and the incarcerated ex CEO of TYCO.

Reply to
Mike

The ADT sales guy said I had six months to void the contractt "for any reason" and invited me to have others check out the system.

Reply to
Mike

Wait till you get the new SIA panels with a mandatory 15 to 30 second delay Tom, ADT is merely doing what the rest of the industry will be required to do this year

What's up w/ the 15-30 second delay?

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.