ADT Essential Wireless Package

Reply to
Everywhere Man
Loading thread data ...

"J. @netscape.net>" Here's a fun little game to play. Find a five year old phone book.

Do you consider the authorized dealer program successful? I'd say it works about as well as the Federal government. Incompetence married to longevity. js

Reply to
alarman

Go for it, Mike. C'mon back in 3 years and tell us what you think. js

Reply to
alarman

Regain the use of your hand tremor boy?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oh how true THAT is, I cannot tell you how many takeovers I did with systems no longer monitored because the old alarm company went belly up

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"J. @netscape.net>" ADT's target days out on service is 1.5 days. That means, on average,

I have a garage full of ADT signs from people who would disagree with you. Thank you for the accounts, BTW.

js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Everyone had problems with Katrina, here's something to think about..

phone lines = dead

cellular = dead

radio/pager network = worked

Wait till you get the new SIA panels with a mandatory 15 to 30 second delay Tom, ADT is merely doing what the rest of the industry will be required to do this year

I've seen Jack's yard, he does mow it

Both of course true and stop kissing up to me dammit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Problem is he doesn't realize he needs meds to take

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

ASK YOUR MOM HOW HER ASSHOLE FEELS SHE WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT. BICYCLE BOY.

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

To the OP, just ask.

True.

That's irrelavent. Lots of small, independant burger joints also make crummy burgers. There's no correlation between size of the company and quality of the installation.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Blaspheme! :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's worth noting that ADT's contract also warns customers that the equipment they purchase may not be usable by other companies. So, changing companies may mean buying some new equipment.

And, the monthly monitoring fee is generally significantly higher than that charged by other reputable local companies. Even before those inflation adjustments.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Everywhere Man

You mean you haven't been to Bass's Burger Barn?

Any monkey can cook them.

Besides, 22 BBB (Bad Beef Burger) complaints aren't so many, when you're serving tens of burgers per day.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I guess thats a no

Reply to
Mark Leuck

This is better than what many local companies do. It is common practice to lock the programming so that the customewr cannot make changes. The problem is that all too many local companies and "authorized dealers" refuse to unlock the system even after the monitoring contract is expired. This prevents the customer from usding his own system which he has already paid for unless he continues using the installing firm's services or pays a fee for the privilege of having access to his own equipment.

True. For example, a customer might have to replace the master control panel. The Vista-20P panel, one of the more popular models, retails for around $118. If the local firm locks the board in a certain manner it will need to be replaced, same as with ADT. The difference is that at least ADT Corporate warns the customer. Most local firms and authorized dealers do not.

Many local companies are now charging just as much as ADT even though they have nothing like ADT's central monitoring network.

FWIW, I have nothing to gain or lose in this discussion since I don't sell installed systems and I don't offer monitoring service. I sell parts online to DIYers so the perennial war between ADT reps and non-ADT reps (many of whom for some reason opt to hide behind phony names like "Badenov") is of no consequence to me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

red herring. didn't matter if the central station got the alarm or not during a disaster like Katrina because the central station could not call the authorities to report an alarm and or the authorities were not responding anyway

costs extra for slick talking salesman, who has nothing to do with a good installation.

yea, but they will show up.

Reply to
Danny

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.