ADT alarm

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that ADT would have locked the board, unless perhaps it was installed by one of their sometimes shady dealers. I do untold ADT takeovers, and I have yet to find one locked. You have more than an even chance the board is not unlocked and will reset using the factory default procedure.

However, if it is, simply box it up and send it to one of these agencies. I unlock boards as a matter of course, and turn around time, even on volume, is one day plus shipping time both directions...a week, maybe two depending upon the mail system.

However, as I said before, new boards are inexpensive and come with all the necessary manuals and programming sheets

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, > SC wrote:

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

I've never found an ADT panel locked either.

| > Nope. | >

| >

| > > Otherwise, the board could be "unlocked" for a small fee. I see shops that | > > will do it for $20. Google "DSC Power 832 " and find a world of help for | > > this panel. | >

| > I guess it doesn't matter that the customer will have to remove the | > board and ship it to one of the unlocking agencies. He'll get it back | > in about a month and then have to reprogram it from "scratch". His best | > "option" is to do as I suggested. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

coord wrote: .

response to "fire or

unit", but a

fire...around here the

have fire fighting

Try not to let him bother you too much.

He'll be dead soon.

Reply to
Jim

Yes I can and you get all the free to air channels for free which currently includes DISH & Bell ExpressVu

Reply to
thesatguy

I've seen a few but it's rare

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I did see one - it was locked with a screwdriver stabbed through it's very heart...I couldn't unlock or takeover that one.

| >

| > | > Nope. | > | >

| > | >

| > | > > Otherwise, the board could be "unlocked" for a small fee. I see | shops | > that | > | > > will do it for $20. Google "DSC Power 832 " and find a world of | help | > for | > | > > this panel. | > | >

| > | > I guess it doesn't matter that the customer will have to remove the | > | > board and ship it to one of the unlocking agencies. He'll get it back | > | > in about a month and then have to reprogram it from "scratch". His | best | > | > "option" is to do as I suggested. | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.