ADT 5890 PIR Motion Strange Behaviour

Hello All,

I have two Ademco 5890 PIR Motion Detectors (non PI). I have a Vista 20P panel with a 5882 ENH receiver. One of the 5890's works normally as expected with the shorting clip in both test and normal positions. The other works correctly ONLY in the test mode. In the normal mode it will not signal the receiver (no red or green flashing LED) and set off the alarm. Both 5890's have pulse counts set to off. Both units have brand new Duracell 123 in them. I would rather not have the LED light on the 5890thinking this might waste battery life and also alert a potential intruder(not sure if that is a good or bad point). I could just snip a lead to the LED but don't know how this might affect the electronics. I'd rather make sure I am not overlooking something simple first. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Bob

Reply to
Bob. Wells
Loading thread data ...

take it off test mode.

5890's only trip once every three minutes to save battery life...so set it up normally (test jumper off) leave the room for 10 minutes arm the system then walk test it.

20P | panel with a 5882 ENH receiver. One of the 5890's works normally as expected | with the shorting clip in both test and normal positions. The other works | correctly ONLY in the test mode. In the normal mode it will not signal the | receiver (no red or green flashing LED) and set off the alarm. Both 5890's | have pulse counts set to off. Both units have brand new Duracell 123 in | them. I would rather not have the LED light on the 5890thinking this might | waste battery life and also alert a potential intruder(not sure if that is a | good or bad point). I could just snip a lead to the LED but don't know how | this might affect the electronics. I'd rather make sure I am not overlooking | something simple first. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. | | Thank You, | Bob | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hello Crash, AHA! Correct you are! It was driving me crazy because once in a while I would get sidetracked for 5 minutes or so before testing and it would work ok. Thank You! Bob

Reply to
Bob. Wells

yer welcome

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.