ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior... or atleast total carelessness. I've taken to paying my bill on-line because I don't get any bullshit about not receiving or lost checks that way. I record the authorization number, and auto save the verification email when it arrives.

So now my bank contacted me telling me they tried to authorize a duplicate transaction for the last payment. Its was for a few thousand dollars so it would have overdrawn my account. If that hadn't been the case I might not have known about if for a while. Ever have ADI owe you money? I have. It takes an act of congress to get it back. They won't tell you or even send you a statement showing it either. I think it took me nearly two years to get my money back last time they owed me money. If it wasn't for Vern I doubt I would have ever gotten it.

Even more interesting, I made the payment on the 18th of March (on-line), but it didn't hit my bank until Friday the 4th of April. An odd delay with a double charge really raises the hairs on the back of my neck.

I am seriously considering that I might finally quit selling the few items I can only get from them. Its sad because sometimes they have really good sale deals on other things as well. I can't afford them if they are going to cost me double though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I haven't bought a thing from them since 2003. And when I did buy on a regular basis, I paid at checkout. I can see nothing has changed with their accounting practices.

I have no problems finding anything they sell online for less than 50 percent in most cases, even with shipping costs added. This includes all Honeywell products. ADI reminds me of buying groceries at a neighborhood convenience store.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link

8002 Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604 813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: snipped-for-privacy@tech-man.com AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

No offense Bob but it seems you have a problem with EVERY distributor and manufacturer :)

Reply to
mleuck

There are a few who understand customer service. I still do business with some of the same people after 20+ years in the business. They take care of me, and when there is a problem I hear it from them instead of finding out after it gets worse.

However, I don't see how you can make such a blatant implication that ADI trying to double charge me for thousands of dollars is somehow my fault. I will always call them out on egregious behavior when other people quietly pray they don't get screwed to bad. You own stock in Honeywell? Well, their ADI division has a few good people and some really shitty people. Most of the good people seem to find better jobs with other distributors over the years. Notice I said I still do business with some of the same "PEOPLE" after 20 years.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Gotta love these guys. Not!

Ok, so now they credited back the other payment and charged me a $20 fee for the one I had my bank reject so my account is past due with them. ROFL. Idiots.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I used to do up to $30/$40K a year with them, Now it's down to about $10K.

Mostly because they stopped carrying Napco. Or I should say that Napco drop ped them because they wanted to big of a percentage. I started buying Napco elsewhere and got a better perspective on prices. Now I follow the pricing . Every thing is on sale someplace at one time or another. Just look for th e sales on line or off. Buy a few more than I need at the time and keep a f ew in stock until the next time. I pay ADI on line with credit card so I ne ver have a payment problem. Sometimes when I've returned something for cred it and they bill me for it and haven't issued the credit yet, when I send i n the payment I'll subtract the returned item from the payment. That confus es them for a couple of months but I just ignore it and then it goes away. What I sometimes do use however is their project planning services. You can get a lot of free information about product, troubleshooting and product u se, as long as you're an ADI customer. Just another tool if needed.

Reply to
Jim

*** What I sometimes do use however is their project planning services. You can get a lot of free information about product, troubleshooting and product use, as long as you're an ADI customer. Just another tool if needed.

You mean they have people who actually KNOW the equipment specs and operation? All I have ever gotten in that regard is frustrated with some saleskid who is trying to impress me with how much he knows, but is really just more interested in making a sale. How do I contact those people who actually know something?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

To be fair I did have a former manager there tell me the reason he didn't take care of me once was because he was out all day helping another alarm company do installs.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.