Ademco Zone Type for Drain Pan

Hi, all:

I'm adding a water sensor on the backup drain pan for my attic air conditioning unit. I can't remember what zone type to use for an Ademco 15P panel. If the sensor trips, I want the signal to be sent to the central station (so that my cell phone will receive a text message), but I don't want the local siren to sound. Keypad beeping is also fine.

So, would the zone type by 24hr. auxilliary?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Rob Houston

Reply to
Rob Houston
Loading thread data ...

Type 08 24 Hour Auxiliary Alarm (Does report to C.S. and local keypad sound but no audible)

Reply to
SeanS

GReat idea...mine just overflowed last week..what a pita. I'm gonna do the same thing, they (air cond industry) makes a float valve that also will shut the ac unit down - I think it fits in the overflow pipe (I haven't found the device yet though, but my ac repair guy wanted 150 bucks for just the part...I must be in the wrong business!)

15P | panel. If the sensor trips, I want the signal to be sent to the central | station (so that my cell phone will receive a text message), but I don't | want the local siren to sound. Keypad beeping is also fine. | | So, would the zone type by 24hr. auxilliary? | | Thanks, in advance, for your help! | | Rob Houston | |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

let your panel activate a relay to break the Air Cond. thermostat circuit - triggered by the water sensor in alarm. Save that buck fifty!

Rick

Reply to
ranger

Yah, but I don't wanna mess with AC wiring (air cond, not alt current). I'm gonna just wire it to aux trouble zone and have my operators page me or RP if it goes into trouble. I'm re-routing the drain line so it doesn't get clogged as easily anyway.

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sean:

Excellent----this is what I thought, but I was afraid it would sound the siren.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Rob

SeanS wrote:

Reply to
rahouston

Crash:

I picked up the small "float" switch from Ebay last week for less than $16 (includes shipping). It's a normally closed design that is supposed to be wired into the thermostat, so that if the float rises, the circuit is broken, shutting down the AC unit. However, like you, I didn't want to install it that way, but just want to be notified that water is leaking into the secondary "back up" drain pan. So, I put it on a wireless zone on my panel.

If you're interested in more details about the switch or the Ebay link, let me know, and I'll forward the information to you.

Regards,

Rob

Crash Gord> GReat idea...mine just overflowed last week..what a pita. I'm gonna do the

Reply to
rahouston

Rob, Yah...I'd appreciate seeing what it looks like and/or the part/manufacturer number and source. Thanks!

Rob

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I just spent about $1.00 to safeguard my attic ac pan. It's call cleaning the drain lines versus spending money for an alarm to tell you the water is going to ruin your ceiling. The buck was maybe the cost of electricity to run the wetvac for one minute and suck any crap out the lines before it gets to clogging things up. Prevention!

Reply to
Jen...tel

I do suck the crap out June July August...in fact this happened not 2 weeks after I had cleaned it. The slime grows rather quickly out here I guess. Not only do I vacuum it out, I blow out the drain lines with a hose...what can I tell ya? Sometimes prevention doesn't work? Dunno, but I'm gonna do both prevention and detection.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
24 hour aux does sound the siren ;)

James

Reply to
J Barnes

Theres a zone type called " 24 monitor" its what i use at radio station you get a display on keypad but no sound. I use the 15p panel at the radio station.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Crash:

Here's the Ebay link:

formatting link

I agree with you------it's best to have prevention and detection!

Good luck, Rob

Crash Gord> Rob,

Reply to
rahouston

James:

What do you suggest in place of the 24-hour auxilliary zone?

Thanks,

Rob

J Barnes wrote:

Reply to
rahouston

Thanks! I found that a AC supplier right near me has it in stock...thanks for the lead!

rob

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon
24 Auxilairy Type 08 "sends a report to the CS and provides an alarm sound at the keypad. No bell output is provided." (from a manual...) for "...a zone containing monitoring devices such as water of temperature sensors."

rick

Reply to
ranger

If they don't say that, they'll want to program their own CS information into your system and more than likely ask you to relinquish the installer code during the course of your contract with them.

Reply to
J Barnes

Why would you want to send a burg signal for a drain?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I would suggest researching the configurable zone option

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Depends on the central station but the burg signal could be converted to a water signal at their end.

James B

Reply to
J Barnes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.