Ademco Vista 20p

I can't access the program mode via the 6160 kp on my vista 20p either by entering 4112+800 or *+# on power up.

My system was working fine until I installed a 6150rf kp in my garage the other day. I thought I was installing a 6150 not the rf model. I purchased a 6150 the box said 6150 but the label on the unit says

6150rf.

Is there anything I can do to enter my program mode. I have also disconneced the 6150rf and still cant enter the system.

Reply to
dwight
Loading thread data ...

Is your system programmed for 2 keypads?

If not, just unplug the 6150, then connect the 6160 and make sure the keypad address is set at 16. If you are now able to get into programming, go to section 189 - 190 around there, and enable keypad address 17. I like to program the 6150 as address 17, this way your programming keypad can be hooked up anytime and it will work. As long as you address each keypad differently, it should work fine.

Jim Rojas

dwight wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Have you ever been able to get into programming? If what Jim posted doesn't work, the panel is locked.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Jim, I have already done what you have suggested with no luck...everything in my system (including 3 5890I, 6160 and several HW trans) was working fine until I installed the 6150rf which I programmed as 17 instead of 30...that is what I think hosed my system. Now I can't get into my system...is there a back door code?

Reply to
dwight

I know the panel is locked...I'm trying to unlock it...and yes have been in programming many times before the installation of the 6150rf.

Reply to
dwight

Dwight. Give me a call anytime today. I can try to remote access your system and unlock it for you.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

dwight wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I doubt adding a 6150rf would lock it, maybe you exited programming the wrong way. There is no way to unlock it now...unless Jim can help you.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks to Jim & Crash for the support....I went to a local alarm dealer yesterday and bought a new 6150..installed it and was able to get back into my system and everything is working good so far....fyi (& I know many have advised against purchasing alarm equip via ebay) this is my 2nd purchase of defective alarm equip. and last purchase via ebay...ya get what ya pay for.

Reply to
dwight

The good thing about your eBay experience is that you have recourse against the seller. You won't get your shipping back, but at least you're not out a whole lot.

Reply to
Frank Olson

As an occasional seller of alarm stuff on Ebay I have to ask; did you contact the seller for resolution? If not, why?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm not putting down ebay....I have been an active ebayer for several years. I was the winning bid on a new 5890I...when I received the item it was obvious it was not new. It was shipped in its box which the seal had been broken & with a brand of battery (one of which was dead) I had never heard of and part of the bar code on the unit had been scratched off. I did contact the seller of this item and we were able to resolve the issue. But, the 6150 in question was part of a Vista

20p package I won almost a year ago. Everything in the pkg I installed at the time works great...but when I installed the 6150 several months had passed since my bid so no, I didn't contact the seller too much time had past.
Reply to
dwight

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.