Ademco Vista 20p

I have an Ademco vista 20p and I just programmed the zones using a

6160 keypad and didn't know the initial security code to arm the system. When I tried 4112 which is the installer code I in turn used the quick function keys to arm the system. I searched high and low through the paper work looking for the initial security code but haven't found it. If you could help me I would appreciate it. I am installing this as a return favor for a very good friend and his wife and this is the only hold up on completing the job. I use to install home alarms for a living so am not completely ignorant but in this case I am.
Reply to
brownjams
Loading thread data ...
1234 + 1 will shut it off (default master code) or 4112 + 1 if you armed it with the installer code.

Jim Rojas

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You have to use the Installer code to add the Master code (user 2), then use the Master code to add other users. The installer code can only disarm if it was armed with the installer code.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

1234+1 worked. thank you very much.
Reply to
brownjams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.