Ademco Vista 15P PGM output for armed condition

Don't use Ademco much but have an application where the customer would like an elevator disabled while the system is armed. I think I've seen pins coming off the board that references a PGM output? Does anyone know the details needed to give me a PGM output on a Vista 15p that follows armed status?

TIA Reg Tower Security Systems Inc. regsiemens at hotmail.com

Reply to
Tower Security
Loading thread data ...

I assume you are considering using an on-board relay in the panel to "break" a control circuit to disable the elevator. Before you commit to this you need to consider a few fine points. If the elevator is in use, will your setup allow it to finish its cycle? What would happen in case of a failure of this "circuit" or the panel itself ? What does code say about this? How good is your insurance?

Reply to
Effenpig1

Elevator recall hookup is best left handled by the servicing elevator company. You would need to use a 4204 relay module. You will have to run a pair to either the elevator control room, or where ever the elevator company makes the connections. Use fire rated wire, 18/4 minimum just in case.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

+1
Reply to
alarman

Elevator control is not a concern as it's already in place i.e. the customer has a keyswitch that presently disables the elevator. They typically turn off this switch when they arm the alarm and leave for the day, unfortunately there are instances when turning the switch off is forgotten - thus the reason for their request. All the relay output is going to do is exactly what the customer currently does with the keyswitch.

The assistance I was looking for is more along the lines of specifics for a 15p. I thought there is a row of pins off the board that includes PGM outputs? Is the 4204 really required? What programming addresses need to be changed and to what?

Thanks! Reg

Reply to
Tower Security

Hi Reg,

You're going to need the manual first:

formatting link
User Name: honeywell Password: support99

You've been around a long time so I'm sure you know to use a relay to isolate the PGM from the elevator's voltage. Elevator Recall is not the function you need. If the elevator control panel has an input to disable the buttons in the lobby, use that to prevent anyone from entering the elevator. That way, if someone is still in the building they can exit.

Possible problems: (1) Someone waiting at the lobby level could enter when the door opens as someone else is leaving. (2) Disabled person on an upper floor when the system arms.

For these reasons you should at least check with someone familiar with code pertaining to elevators. Every US state has its own code though most are similar. I assume there's something similar in Manitoba, Ca.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Jim,

This guy has been in the industry for over 20 years. He understands the implications; just needs the manual. I sent it to him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reg,

I just sent the manual to your company email (not the one you use here).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks Robert - I already have the manual but was hoping someone has done this before and can cut to the chase on what is needed in *79 &

*80 to get Output 17 (on-board) to change based on armed or disarmed state...

Did I mention I'm not an Ademco fan?!?!

Reply to
Tower Security

Then you have no business doing this

Reply to
mleuck

I just sent you a 2nd PDF. It's a short guide to programming triggers on the Vista-15P.

Me neither. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.