Ademco programming

Thats not a difficult thing to guess, both designs are over 15 years old now

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

The Ademco (now Honeywell) regional rep says it's so. The PS are also being replaced (or already have been) by the P which includes the PS' capabilities.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Must be an electrical engineer. We are mechincal engineers, so we quit at the board level. :-)

It's good to have a translator!

I have a good client who is/was an engineer type with Motorola, on the first house I did for him he wanted to get into modifying the chip on a Radionics

6112...sheesh...he made me crazy.

it...actually

Reply to
Sue Odom

Are you in Scottsdale?

It's good to have a translator!

I have a good client who is/was an engineer type with Motorola, on the first house I did for him he wanted to get into modifying the chip on a Radionics

6112...sheesh...he made me crazy.

it...actually

Reply to
Sue Odom

Yah, lotsa golf here. The heat keeps the riff-raff out :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

The KonTiki...sheesh I wonder if that place is still there.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

You still here in town?

Now you're gonna make me haveta drive down there and check if it's still there or not!...next trip to ADI I'll wing by...it was on Van Buren wasn't it?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Nah, he's down by the airport in the KonTiki Motel, room #6. But hey, its got hi-speed connection.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Apparently not.

js

Reply to
alarman

:-p...hey I resemble that remark.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

If its a local only system that's fine, but the moment you start to "fiddle" with it you will make your alarm company very nervous.

If you are serious about your own capabilities then go with a much more advanced system capable of some serious HA and do it all yourself. I have dealt with tons of programmers and engineers who think its ok for them to "fiddle" with it, but remember this. Almost none of the hard corps engineering and design firms install and "fiddle" with their own alarm systems. These are the guys with nuts and bolts hands on experience, and tons of it. They hire a commercial alarm contractor to do it for them. Only those in alarm system engineering and design seem to installt heir own stuff much less "fiddle" with it. A few large companies do have their own security division with their own installers and troubleshooters, but these are gusy who just do alarms for them. Oh, by the way. I have hired a couple of these guys, and I was not impressed.

So anyway. If you really want to "fiddle" with it I suggest you DIY completely.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ah. Who where you with back then?...may i ask?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

oh yeah, now i remember you tawking about this not too long ago.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I think it burnt down at one time back in the late 80's. It probably needed a good cleansing. I don't know if they rebuilt it or not. I used to have an office not to far from there between 86' and 89'.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

San Diego. We happen over to Scottsdale every Labor Day for a golf tourney. Nice area. A bit hot for my taste, but lots going on over there.

Reply to
Sue Odom

Nah......Stopped doing business nationally back in 1990. Had 17 offices around the country. One just happened to be in Phoenix. Had one over in San Diego, too, but Sue looks like she would have been in grade school back then.

Now you're gonna make me haveta drive down there and check if it's still there or not!...next trip to ADI I'll wing by...it was on Van Buren wasn't it?

Right on the corner with all of the hookers out front.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Datavision Inc. Strictly multi-family. You probably have seen it. Multiplexing type system. Main controller in leasing office, lots and lots of underground to slave controllers in the meter rooms. Communicated over dedicated data circuits back to our central at 9600 baud........whooo! Fast back then. State of the art in the early 80's. Could monitor units with or without phone and power. Were downloading before people knew what downloading was. Public held company that was controlled by Sensormatic Electronics in the late 80's and went down quick when they decided to sell. They stopped all R&D, stopped installing, stopped selling, etc. Sold over

90,000 accounts. Some that didn't know the system, looking at it later, called it junk, but it had its place in the early days. Wasn't meant to compete with the residential world.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Could be, I'll talk to a mirror for hours. Sharpens my sales tactics and I never get rejected. Close 100% of the deals.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Scottsdale is great if you like watching dogs bursting into flames....then again that pretty much happens anywhere in Arizona

Reply to
Mark Leuck

But in Texas they just get soggy and melt.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.