Ademco Lynx Zone Customization?

Hello,

On an Ademco Lynx REN system, is there any way to make an Interior Follower zone arm in "Instant" mode. Normally Interior Follower zones arm only in "Away" mode.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail
Loading thread data ...

You know that an Interior Follow is instant except for when a entry/exit is faulted right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Is it only the one zone you're trying to arm? How many more are programmed as "interior follower"?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank, no, I'm trying to arm all zones. I only have a single motion detector, and it is an interior follower zone. All other zones are either perimeter or entry/exit. The Lynx has three arming modes: Away, Stay, and Instant (or Stay-Instant). Since Stay and Instant are both "stay" modes, they don't arm the interior followers. Well, I'd like to use "Instant" as my night mode and would like the motion detector armed at night since nobody should be walking around downstairs where it is located.

Thanks!

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Hi, Crash,

Yes, I know that. In away mode that is true. But in Stay or Instant- Stay modes, the interior follower zones don't arm at all. I want to have an interior follower zone armed in Instant-Stay mode, which isn't normal for the panel.

Thanks!

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Why don't you just arm away? Unless the panel switches back to stay if it doesn't detect an exit door, then it will work fine. You can also use MAX mode, which is code + 4, which also removes the delay from the entry doors.

Jim Rojas

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Or as a slightly different alternative... program the motion as an entry door.

That way it'll arm in all three modes.

...or just get a real alarm system

Reply to
CH?IS

Jim, away with no entry delay is exactly what I want.... But, I think the panel switches to stay if you don't trip an entry/exit zone, like you say. Also, when arming with the 5828V, I think "4" is the "Instant" button....

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Yes, I had a Vista 20PS (if that's real) at my last house and was able to do what I want. Now I'm in a much smaller house with only 12 zones and no prewiring. The Lynx fits the bill... Anyhow, I thought about using the motion as entry/exit but that doesn't quite do what I want. I want a regular Stay mode where the alarm system can be armed while we're home with entry delay and no motion sensor. It's just that I want another mode where it's essentially armed Away with no entry delay as Jim says.... I was able to set all this up with the 20PS.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Jim, this actually works great. The Lynx panel doesn't switch it back like my 20PS used to.

Thanks!

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

It's a programmable option (Auto Stay) - it can be turned off in programming in a 20P

| > Jim Rojas | | | Jim, this actually works great. The Lynx panel doesn't switch it back | like my 20PS used to. | | Thanks! |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.