Ademco Lynx (Rev. 10)

I have an ademco lynx, it reports to my alpha pager (motorola advisor elite) via numeric at this time. I was told that it may support alpha numeric paging that I need to get the modem access number to my pager (which i've done) and program it to do so. I looked into the programming of my panel using compass and I'm not sure if it actually does support alpla numeric paging or which setting to use if so (i.e. contact id report, ademco low speed, etc.) any help much appreciated.

Reply to
Another Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

howzabout pager format

Reply to
newb

Thats not one of the options. Only radionics and ademco formats other than contact id.

Reply to
Another Anonymous

It doesn't

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It can do pager, you are looking at the wrong locations, try *49

I've been told many times this is not rocket science

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sure it does, Mark. Just go into programming section 109 and enter the "change format" code. I believe it's 8888. Then power down, wait exactly seven minutes, and power up with the battery only. Wait another seven minutes and connect AC, but you have to connect both legs at exactly the same time. Remember, just like the old Vista 1 series. js

Reply to
Buggs
7 minutes?...thought it was 3.5 then 3.5 for a TOTAL of 7
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Been a long time, you might be right. js

Reply to
Buggs

Location 109... now that brings back fond memories in fact I was just the other day talking to myself saying "Mark ...(Yea I call myself Mark when I talk to myself) man those old days were just....a long time ago"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Only on the SecurityLink version of the Vista-1

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Is this the proper manual for that guy?

formatting link

Reply to
Sue

No, he'll need the enhanced version. js

Reply to
Buggs

That manual is for a v11 or later, it has a number of features not found in his v10 panel especially in the areas used for paging

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.