Ademco Galaxy 16 plus

Hi,

moved in a house supplied with a Ademco Galaxy 16 plus security system. The system was connected to the phone line. After changing my internet connection (from analoge to ADSL) by the phone company it appeared that the nice phoneman, cut the wires of the phone connection and left without reconnecting. :-( Does anyone have a engineers manual (IE1-0016) for me. Can't find it anywhere on the web.

Regards

Geurt The Netherlands

Reply to
Geurt
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
alarm man

They do that all the time...drives me nuts.

If you're monitored call your alarm co. and have them come out and fix it...if your not monitored; let it be. Why worry about it unless it's making fail to communicate noise?

| > moved in a house supplied with a Ademco Galaxy 16 plus security system. The | > system was connected to the phone line. After changing my internet | > connection (from analoge to ADSL) by the phone company it appeared that the | > nice phoneman, cut the wires of the phone connection and left without | > reconnecting. :-( | > Does anyone have a engineers manual (IE1-0016) for me. Can't find it | > anywhere on the web. | >

| > Regards | >

| > Geurt | > The Netherlands |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I just want to use the system for local purposes and dont want to alarm any company, I finished my contract with the alarm company, for several reasons. So if it just operates without a telephone line its fine by me. But when the phone line was disconnected the system alarms that he cant find a phone line. So I have a few options:

get the thing working a) not connected to a phoneline but not giving an alarm about missing that line. How can I stop checking for a phone line? b) connected to a phone line and let him call the former alarm company. I dont mind what they do with an incoming call, aslong my system operates as wanted. So, how are the 4 phone wires connected to a jackplug?

I thought I could find the answers and more in the engineers manual, but all I can find is the user guide. Any suggestions?

Regards Geurt (Keep in mind that we Dutch want everything for as cheap as possible)

"Crash Gordon" schreef in bericht news:44e2a145$0$25787$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...

Reply to
Geurt

To stop it checking the phone line you'd need to go into programming and disable the system from reporting and testing to the central station. You may not be able to do this yourself if you don't know the engineer's code. But you may be able to request that your old alarm company come and do it...they may charge you for it. So, even if you had a programming manual you may not be able to get into programming.

You could check the phone connection box where the telco disconnected you, you may be able to tell how it was connected by looking at it - they may have left telltale snips of the wires attached. There is no standard color coding from how alarm telephone lines are connect so it'd be hard for most of us to tell you exactly how to reconnect. However you'd have: 4 conductors coming from the alarm panel to the phone box. Two of them will connect to the supply (I call it the "street" line) and two will connect to the "house" - in other words; you'd disconnect the supply pair from the phone co. from the screw terminals and connect them to a pair going to the alarm, the other two conductors coming back from the alarm system will "feed" the house. What colors your alarm company used is anybody's guess. If you can open the alarm box you should be able to figure it out though as it's usually labeled on the screw terminals on the circuit board.

hth, Rob

| > If you're monitored call your alarm co. and have them come out and fix | > it...if your not monitored; let it be. Why worry about it unless it's | > making | > fail to communicate noise? | >

| >

| > | > moved in a house supplied with a Ademco Galaxy 16 plus security | > system. | > The | > | > system was connected to the phone line. After changing my internet | > | > connection (from analoge to ADSL) by the phone company it appeared | > that | > the | > | > nice phoneman, cut the wires of the phone connection and left without | > | > reconnecting. :-( | > | > Does anyone have a engineers manual (IE1-0016) for me. Can't find it | > | > anywhere on the web. | > | >

| > | > Regards | > | >

| > | > Geurt | > | > The Netherlands | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

waarom laat je hem niet per sms melden naar je mobiel ??? dan heb je er nog wat aan. even opnieuw programeren en klaar is klara. Alleen als je er helemaal niets van weet dan is het nog niet zo simpel als het lijkt dan als ik het doe ;)

laat maar weten waar je ergens in nederland zit .. wie weet kan ik een hint geven..

Geurt wrote:

Reply to
cyclops

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.