ademco can lid - what's the oblong knockout for?

Hi, This isn't that important, I'm just curious. the oblong knockout in the middle of the Ademco can lids, what's that for? I know the one by the edge is for the key lock but the one in the middle stumps me. Thanks, Too curious for my own good.... :-)

Reply to
autonut843
Loading thread data ...

There are situations (applications) where another device is mounted to the door, ie a strobe light, interior siren, keypad control etc. These panels can be controlling many different remote type devices, not just for burg, so there has been a arrangement made for mounting that annuciator, indicator, etc. right at the control panel. Some panels have knock outs on all sides. Different manufactures have different sizes and shape knock outs. Some installs require that these knockouts are actually opened and then resealed, if not used, with a secure plug to stop or at least slow down an attack on the panel.

Bob4Secur

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

For a keypad.

SeanS

Reply to
SeanS

It's for the chain. js

Reply to
alarman

Dang...I tell people that slot is for overdue monitoring payments.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Thanks! I appreciate all the great answers. With the unique shape I figured there must be a unique use for it. That'll fit a pretty big chain link! Mark, you mentioned Moose, my panel in question is an Ademco. But regardless, the oblong shape would be perfect to hold the anchor chain. If I'm looking for the best anchor for my bass boat, would Ademco or Moose be better? I do most of my bass fishing in Florida so sometimes salt water is an issue, any recommendations? Thanks again, I really do appreciate all the helpful advice.

Reply to
autonut843

Thanks! I appreciate all the great answers. With the unique shape I figured there must be a unique use for it. That'll fit a pretty big chain link! Mark, you mentioned Moose, my panel in question is an Ademco. But regardless, the oblong shape would be perfect to hold the anchor chain. If I'm looking for the best anchor for my bass boat, would Ademco or Moose be better? I do most of my bass fishing in Florida so sometimes salt water is an issue, any recommendations? Thanks again, I really do appreciate all the helpful advice.

Reply to
autonut843

Don't get me started with Moose boat anchors again

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You ever see an *old* Napco panel? They used to have a big square knock out on the front door for a keypad.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

maybe he meant rlb bass?

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

When I visited my brother in law in Florida he has the bass boat. Sometimes he takes us down 75 to the gulf shores marina in Naples. I just emailed him and he saw my post and said, "what do you mean "my" bass boat? you ain't making the payments on it!!!! You want to go bass fishing, you should have said so, your sister said just to take you out on the water." Then he went on to chew me out about not knowing anything about fishing or other important stuff in life. Oops, I've been found out. I'm not much of a fisherman but if someone is going out on the water I enjoy going out with them. I have no idea what kind of fish Dan normally tries to catch, (just that the way he says "my bassboat" with less sylables than a northerner sure sounds funny) ;-)

Reply to
autonut843

FBI panels were like that. You could put a flush mount keypad in the knockout.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Sure............try fishing for Bass in fresh water, you'll have better luck unless you are after the elusive old briney bass..........or where you just testing us? You could always try Sarasota. I hear there is a big bass hanging out over there.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

The Moose Z1100 panel is much larger and heavier than an Ademco panel and therefore make much better boat anchors

Reply to
Mark Leuck

[yawn]
Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Isn't that a little rough on the fiberglass?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

You just screwed yourself out of Bass referrals, Bob. Better tell the Mrs. to cancel that global cruise now that the Bass referral pipeline is closed.

Reply to
no wires showing

That pipeline squirted out (1) one. Now that I mention it, I better go check the AR on that account. Maybe RLB called and told him what a jerk I am. As far as the cruise goes, my wife and I own a cruise agency, so trips are plentiful and affordable, even without the referral pipeline. Our location makes it very easy to run down to one of the ports and catch a ship. All kidding aside, I always appreciate a referral and take good care of them.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

I see you're not taking this seriously at all. I guess you didn't pay attention to what happened to AlarmGuard when Bass pulled them off the referral train. You're playing with fire when you mess with Bass. He's a bigtime player in the industry. Fear the Bass Burgermeister. Pay homage to the guru of Brazilian voodoo. Behold the power of the alt.plumpers Poster of the Year. Bow before the sage of Tip and Ring, and do it before it's too late. The last person that messed with Bass was turned into a monkey. Just check that Jack Stevens picture out. The monkey used to be Roger W. aka Allucan until he crossed paths with the Sarasota Security Swami. I'll pray for you, Bob Worthy. May GOD have mercy before you suffer the wrath of the man who made Basshome Security a household name. You better buy a tube top or something from his website to get back in his good graces.

Reply to
no wires showing

Norm!!!!!!!!! You're back! I thought by now the Bass whammy had you in ICU. I'll hire you after the Bass Political Machine clobbers you out of the industry. I can always use another crooked dealer. :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.