Ademco 998PI - detects motion but no alarm

I have installed a Ademco 998PI/998EXPI unit. it detects motion fine (LED glows on any motion) - but does not trigger an alarm.. is there some pet sensitivity threshold I can adjust? Or something else which is causing the problem? When I open doors the alarm works fine. I have a Ademco Vista-10SE unit.

Reply to
SmithRan
Loading thread data ...

Do you have it programmed as an Interior Follower? Are you arming the system Away? Are you letting the system fully arm? Does the keypad display that zone when the motion is faulted...probly not or maybe?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Do you have it programmed as an Interior Follower? No - i guess i have to go through installer manuals for figuring this out...? Are you arming the system Away? Yes - armed it as away, and it alarms when any door is opened but not on any motion sensation Are you letting the system fully arm? Yes - waiting for like 20-30 seconds for all the noises to end and the system to say 'Away'. Does the keypad display that zone when the motion is faulted...probly not or maybe? - I dont think so - its as if that the main board doesnt realize that motion has been trigerred.

Thanks for tak> Do you have it programmed as an Interior Follower?

Reply to
SmithRan

Sounds like you have a zone configuration problem. Like... RTFM (Read The Freekin' Manual)! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes...you'll need to program that motion detector into the system on whatever zone you wired it to in the panel. Yes...installer manual and installer code and keypad that can get into zone programming (the cheap keypads can only program part of the system, not the zones)... 6139 or 6150 (i think).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

First the door chime doesn't work now this, I was told once it's not rocket science

Reply to
Mark Leuck

6160 and the 6164
Reply to
Mark Leuck

ya remember it was the 60 not the 50 after I posted.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
JOhn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.