Ademco 5820s

I replaced three old Admeco 5816 Wireless Transmitters with new 5820 Slim Line Wireless Transmitters and sent my new serial numbers off to my installer to have all three added to my system.

He said it's taken care of (and charged me $40 for the "install"), but all three zones don't register the "open/closed" state. They register a tamper if I try to remove the cover, but nothing when it comes to opening the window.

Do the 5820s require different settings than the 5816? Any ideas?

Reply to
jimwalls
Loading thread data ...

That makes a lot of sense. Agreed--the installer should have picked up on it right away. I would do all the programming myself, but I locked-in to a five year contract when I moved into my home (and knew nothing about alarm systems). There's a year on the contract left, and they agreed to give me my master code when I'm done. Then I don't have to deal with all this dumb back and forth.

Reply to
jimwalls

He got the loop number wrong programming it, that one uses loop 1 instead of loop 2 like the 5816's. The installer SHOULD have tested it and he would have found that out instead of you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I think he needs to change the loop from 2 to 1.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.