Ademco 5800RP multi-hop

Can two (or more) Ademco 5800RP repeaters be used to further extend the wireless range of a LYNX wireless system?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

I called tech support at an online security store. They said the Ademco repeater does not multi-hop, but the Visonic can.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I smell a future service call

Reply to
mleuck

If you want to repeat a repeater then I would go with ITI.

If you are protecting something so large that you need multiple repeaters to get the signal, the LYNX probably isn't what you should be using. That said, a single repeater can stretch that signal quite some distance if placed up high. Put your receiver as centrally located as you can and then put repeaters out (about 150 feet) in as many directions as you desire.

The LYNX (IMHO) is more for a rental or some other place where you may be picking it up and moving it. Our local Sheriff has a couple of them they use for places that get targeted repeatedly. Just a door and a couple of motions, no line seizure - but they can set it up quick and it comes as quite a surprise when evil-doer pops in for a quick grab ad they hear that wimpy little siren - that no doubt sounds quite loud in the dead of night when one is trying to be sneaky...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.