Ademco 4110XMP showing 'BAT' warning

My control panel shows a 'BAT' warning. I removed and checked the voltage on the battery; it is fully charged. What could the problem be?

Reply to
Neil Watson
Loading thread data ...

Did you check it under load? Do you know what the load should be? What should the voltage drop over what time should it be what?

The alarm panel knows what it's talking about - replace the battery. They only last 3-5 years.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The voltage reading the disconnected battery is about 13.6V DC. The reading on the charging wires with or without the battery connected is about 13.8V DC.

Reply to
Neil Watson

So whatt's the voltage on the battery with the transformer unplugged and the siren going off? How about after the siren has been going off for 5-10 minutes.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Neil,

While the battery may be showing 13+ VDC, that does not mean it's "good". Most modern alarm panels do a load test of sorts to determine how long the battery will hold its charge during a power outage. When the panel says "Low Battery" it's telling you that the battery has failed the test and is no longer able to operate the alarm system for the required minimum time and still operate the siren upon alarm.

As others have said, do replace the battery. They're not expensive. The 12-Volt, 7 AmpHour rechargeable gel cell battery retails for anywhere from $16 to $22, depending on make and vendor. You don't need an alarm technbician to replace it. Just buy one and swap them out.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass Burglar Alarms

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Where could I find a battery in the northest area of Toronto?

Reply to
Neil Watson

Check in your local Yellow Pages for a supplier called Power Battery Sales, or some such name, that sells a complete line of batteries for all sorts of devices. These kinds of stores usually sell alarm batteries, although at atrocious markups (wholesale cost around $10; retail price sometimes as high as $50)

These same batteries (12volt, 7 or 7.5 amp hour) will often work in your UPS device, since the replacement batteries from the UPS manufacturers are absurdly priced as well.

Or f> snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
tourman

You have a "BAT" detector in your house? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Couldn't have one of those in my house.

Especially if it were an "old" bat detector.

Reply to
Jim

OoooOOoooo! Hope she doesn't read the Newsgroup! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I replaced the battery as suggested. However, the 'Bat' warning is still present.

Reply to
Neil Watson

After about an hour the warning went away. The new battery must have needed charging. Sorry to have jumped the gun. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Neil Watson

They all need a charge after sitting on the shelf for months.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.