ADEMCO 4110 Panic alarm

We are not very familiar with alarm systems. I am resetting an alarmsystem (Ademco 4110) after fixing all circuits. systems resets and ready. But as soon as we arm it (after 15 secon) alarm goes off with code 9 + BAT

But battery reads good charg 13.5 VDC.

Any clues will be appreciated.

Regards George

Reply to
bGhasseml
Loading thread data ...

Sound like Check 9. That means one of 2 things.

1. Expansion device is missing
  2. You accidential turned on wireless expansion.

Look in location 20 something...make sure those sections are correct. If all else fails, give me a call.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

bGhasseml wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Are you reading the batt. voltage while it's plugged in to the panel? That won't work. If the batt. is over 2 years old it may need replacing.

You have to read the voltage disconnected from the panel and under a load. Otherwise your results are really meaningless.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Change the battery...and what Jim said.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He gave me a call...his system was pretty messed up. We did a panel default, and that did the trick.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> Change the battery...and what Jim said.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

scrambled by user or ??

I dunno why people even bother buying an expensive battery tester....batteries last 3 years these days...you get a low battery signal...you change it...no wondering or fancy troubleshooting.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Did you ever wonder why companies like Batteries Plus are able to maintain hundreds of stores across the country? I just did a check on sales for the three most popular batteries I sell -- over $20,000 in one year just for 4, 7 and 12 Amp Hour batteries. The count is nearly 1200 batteries and those figures only include models from Ultratech. We also sell ELK, Yuasa, etc., though not in the same quantities.

I run a small online company. Imagine how many batteries a national chain like B+ moves. They sell hundreds of different brands and models.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

When in doubt change it out

Reply to
mleuck

I use a battery tester for my contracted customers as I believe "if it is working it don't need fixing". I used to work for a multi-national which demanded a battery change at 4 years and then reused 2nd hand batteries as replacements. Best ever so far to my knowledge was 18 years battery life from a 7AH. They used to charge around 400% mark-up on the battery on top of call-out / service charge, nice earner if you can get it but most customers are now a little more cautious with expenditure and are looking for a more cost effective option. I am doing alright thanks to new contracts from companies like this charging over the odds for replacement items that are not required.

Reply to
Paul
18 years? no way...oh sure I've removed batteries that we put in 18 years ago that looked ok but I certainly wouldn't have bet my life on them.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I doubt you could get 18 years on even a Yuasa battery. Maybe he was using a forklift battery. You can get 40 to 50 years from one of those.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> 18 years? no way...oh sure I've removed batteries that we put in 18 years

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jeeeeze! Just think .... at the age of 30 years old you install a battery. By the time it wears out, you are no longer able to lift it to make a replacement.

Reply to
Jim

Ha...lifting a box of 7amp batts is getting too much for me now!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Each forklift battery cell is 2 volts, and can easily weigh 25-40 lbs each cell.

This is a good option for remote sites like cabins, hunting lodges, construction sites, etc. One battery pack can last a lifetime. The more batteries you add, the more power it can provide.

A combination of solar panels and/or wind or hydro turbines can easily provide 250-1KW watts of power continuously to keep the batteries topped off. Then you can use any standard 100 to 1000 watt power inverter to run whatever you want.

Some people that are completely off the grid in remote areas have in excess of 3 to 5KW of power at all times, which would require roughly 1+ tons of battery banks.

Battery Life Estimates:

Cheap Gel Cell - 3 months ($7 each) Premium Gel Cell - 6-8 months ($13 each) Cheap Car Battery - 6 months ($39 each) Premium Car Battery - 1-2 years ($129) Marine Battery - 1-2 years ($79 each) Deep Cycle Marine Battery 2-3 years ($119 each) Industrial Battery - 2-3 years ($250 each) Golf Cart Battery - 3-4 years ($150 each) New Forklift Battery - 40+ years $100 per 2 volt cell) Used Forklift Battery - 20-40 years (Free to $50 per 2 volt cell)

Now you must calculate how much standby power you require. This is where the choice on battery type becomes more obvious. Replacement battery costs is the deal maker here.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Are these all lead acid?

What about lithium? I thought they were supposed to be better. Aren't they using them in the new battery powered cars?

I know that when it comes to batteries there's always a trade off. Everyone's been waiting for the next breakthrough in battery power sources so that the automobile industry can take the next step.

With all of the advances in DNA research maybe someone should take a look at developing a giant hamster that thrives on carbon for power wheel generation of electricity.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.