Adding ADEMCO 5804 remote to a FA162C First Alert Security System

I recently lost my 5804 remote. I bought a replacement on EBAY. how do I add from the FA162C keypad the new remote. Thanks.

Reply to
dwo2000
Loading thread data ...

you wont be able to without a programming keypad and programming sheets and knowing where the old one was programmed at.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

may beee

Reply to
Crash Gordon

if your panel is monitored by an alarm company call them to program it for you..

"dwo2000" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
petem

Ahhhhhhhh, another E-bay victim.............. :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Thanks Crash for the info. When I bought the replacement 5804 I suspected that a house call would likely be required from my monitoring service, but hoped some Guru somwhere might give me a keypad alternative. But the replacement unit from third party plus the house visit still saves me $40 over buying replacement from my service. It all should be fixed by end of day tomorrow.

Reply to
dwo2000

YW. If you truly end up saving a few buck that's great. If the fob fails or is bad...well that's the chance you take...but hey I'd do the same thing :-) : Save money where I can, stop when I know I can't do something properly.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash, Surprising ending to this little job. Security guy showed up and added my EBAY 5804 remote to my FA162C system. He brought in a FA unit to hook up and then said it was not required. He said the unit I had installed as my primary keypad allowed him to add the remote directly from the keypad. So my original assumption was OK. A keypad based reconfig was possible. Only problem, I could not find any directions on how to do it. Anyway still got the savings. I wish I had a complete set of installation instructions for this unit for the future. If someone does, please give me a link.

Reply to
dwo2000

Hey..that's a good surprise.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.