Adcor TLM 5

Anyone remember the jumper settings on the TLM 5 to allow upto 30 second delay.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Is it made by SK? If so the default is over a minute. Why would you want to shorten it?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Never mind.. I missed the Adcor part.

The Silent Knight ones kick ass.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I know I have couple sk ones in basement cant find them but found the tlm5 to use

Reply to
nick markowitz

Don't you think 30 secs. on a TLM is too short?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Get an SK 7150 or whatever the current model is.

I looked up your unit "Adcor", and can tell it's crap.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I emailed you the manual.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks Jim

I am not using it for a security application I need to know at radio station if a back up phone line feed has dropped out to transmitter so it sends me a pager alert so we do not go dead air. They want $500.00 thru a broadcast supplier for such a unit

Reply to
nick markowitz

By default it's 30 seconds, the only mention is cutting resistor R38 which bumps it up to 60

Reply to
mleuck

Nick, the TLM5 will detect the loss of voltage (4 or less) but if you have a loss of audio mix and retain the carrier you could still have a dead air problem..

RTS

By default it's 30 seconds, the only mention is cutting resistor R38 which bumps it up to 60

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

You are correct Thats the next thing they want to buy for station is a dead air monitor that will auto switch lines but they are very pricey. so with this set up at least i know back up is there to switch to. we changed our format as well we where christian music we are now running conservative christian talk. good line up of Bill Bennet , Neil Boortz, dave ramsey, Clark howard ,John Bachelor and Red eye radio from 1-5 am If you like this format.

Reply to
nick markowitz

You are correct Thats the next thing they want to buy for station is a dead air monitor that will auto switch lines but they are very pricey. so with this set up at least i know back up is there to switch to. we changed our format as well we where christian music we are now running conservative christian talk. good line up of Bill Bennet , Neil Boortz, dave ramsey, Clark howard ,John Bachelor and Red eye radio from 1-5 am If you like this format.

you could try building a audio monitor and drive a trigger relay/timer (ie.. a diode to dc the audio then feed to a op amp to drive the trigger of a relay/timer (works like a loss voltage trigger, could set off bell, switch lines, whatever you wanted (adjust the trigger time to account for normal dead air time..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

That would work have to try something on the bench.

Reply to
nick markowitz

You're better off with dead air.

Reply to
G. Morgan

How about a radio tuned to the station freq. and a microphone next to the speaker, which is connected to a VU meter with a relay? ;) I love Rube Goldberg stuff.

Reply to
G. Morgan

That would work also. Believe it or not Neil Boortz brings most money in on advertising and Dave Ramsey and of course Nascar during summer weekends.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.