Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply

"klicks". I could be wrong but believe the Navy still uses yards for gunnery, though. hey did fairly recently, anyway.

I don't have any issues with metric but it's just not the big deal that the whiners keep saying that it is. I can spot fractional heads, too (I used to be a lot better when I did it more). There really isn't all that much difference. It just takes a little education. The cost of switching isn't worth the price, though.

Reply to
krw
Loading thread data ...

I watched a documentary about the modern British Navy where they were using yards for the ship's guns but the ground troupes were using meters. I'm going to guess that all the naval artillery tables and calculations would have to be redone to convert to metric. I remember that the older ships have mechanical computers to calculate trajectories and it would be quite a chore to refit those old ships. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Note that the Navy also uses nautical miles for surface distance (and yards for torpedoes). All of the conversions are trivial for the few times they're necessary. Certainly easier than the entire service changing. The same is true for domestic use of FPS. With calculators and computers, it's even more true.

Reply to
krw

You can't teach an old Swabby new tricks. Perhaps the reprogramming of a sailor's brain is more difficult? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Perhaps, when things get tense and lives are on the line, you want training to take over and actions to be automatic.

Reply to
krw

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Can you tell what size my nuts are? Besides small...

Reply to
Tekkie®

No, but one of mine swelled to the size of a baseball. ^_^

formatting link

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Subatomic?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael A. Terrell posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Hmm, I haven't noticed them glow yet...

Reply to
Tekkie®

That would require the extra large atoms, and more than two .

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.