A New Holiday?

National Telemarketing Day

-- or -- NPOASBO Day

National Piss Off A Small Business Owner Day

Holy rusted metal Batman. I've received atleast 15 calls this morning.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

And, I assume that you politely told each and everyone of them to have a pleasant afternoon, right?? :-)

Reply to
ABLE1

pleasant afternoon, right?? :-) "Bob La Londe" wrote in m= essage news:3Khds.6309$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad... > National Telemarketing Da= y > -- or -- > NPOASBO Day > > National Piss Off A Small Business Owner Day= > > Holy rusted metal Batman. I've received atleast 15 calls this > mornin= g. >

I'm on the Federal Do not call List. Whata frikin laugh THAT is. There's ha= rdly a day goes by that I don't get at least one call from the SOB'in "redu= ce your credit card interest" people. It doesn't make any difference if you= press the "get off the call list" button, call them and ask them to take y= ou off the list, report them repeatedly to the Do Not Call List people. Scr= eam at them, threaten them ..... They just keep calling and calling and cal= ling. I've put them on permanent hold, I kept them talking, making them thi= nk I was going to sign up with them and then telling them just before the e= nd that I just wanted to waste their time like they waste mine. I give them= wrong information, wrong credit card numbers, They just don't quit.=20

I'd be real curious as to why the .... so called ... Do Not Call list peop= le can't stop them. Supposedly there's a stiff fine for each infraction, so= these people have got some kind of gimmick that makes them immune ........= ...

As of late, I recognize their number and just don't pick up. They never le= ave a message. It's just annoying to be talking to a customer or right in t= he middle of something important and your phone rings and you pick up your = phone and you got to deal with this crap.=20

I've tried a number of things and usually I can find something that works. = But these guysev got me stumped.=20

The only thing I have left to try is to take em down one at a time. Somethi= ng I used to do years ago when someone kept bothering me on the phone .....= . I'd begin talking in a very low voice and eventually begin to mumble and = when they'd finally get to the point that they were listening reeeeeallly c= lose .... I'd blow a police whistle into the phone.=20

If the AHoles can't hear anymore, they'll have to quit their job.

Reply to
Jim

a pleasant afternoon, right?? :-) "Bob La Londe" wrote in= messagenews:3Khds.6309$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad... > National Telemarketing D= ay > -- or -- > NPOASBO Day > > National Piss Off A Small Business Owner Da= y > > Holy rusted metal Batman. I've received atleast 15 calls this > morni= ng. >

hardly a day goes by that I don't get at least one call from the SOB'in "re= duce your credit card interest" people. It doesn't make any difference if y= ou press the "get off the call list" button, call them and ask them to take= you off the list, report them repeatedly to the Do Not Call List people. S= cream at them, threaten them ..... They just keep calling and calling and c= alling. I've put them on permanent hold, I kept them talking, making them t= hink I was going to sign up with them and then telling them just before the= end that I just wanted to waste their time like they waste mine. I give th= em wrong information, wrong credit card numbers, They just don't quit.

people can't stop them. Supposedly there's a stiff fine for each infraction= , so these people have got some kind of gimmick that makes them immune ....= .......

r leave a message. It's just annoying to be talking to a customer or right = in the middle of something important and your phone rings and you pick up y= our phone and you got to deal with this crap.

. But these guysev got me stumped.

hing I used to do years ago when someone kept bothering me on the phone ...= ... I'd begin talking in a very low voice and eventually begin to mumble an= d when they'd finally get to the point that they were listening reeeeeallly= close .... I'd blow a police whistle into the phone.

sady, the signal is peak limited and a whistle does not transfer as expected.

It is my understanding that theDo Not Call list ONLY applies to companies/callers originating in the USA. With today's off shore everything that is now unlikely. It is also my understanding that political information was purposely exempted by Congress when making the Do Not Call List concept up. I wonder why they did that?

Reply to
Robert Macy

The DO NOT CALL LIST does not apply to calls to a business. And only the honest Telemarketer follow the rules. (I know, that is a Oxy-moron!!) Currently I am getting calls on my Cell Phone for some outfit that wants to put a "Free Security System" in my home. Bla Bla Bla. Sadly I have tried to get to actually talk to a person but they want me to leave a number for them to call back. This would release them since I am then requesting them to call.

A number of years ago I got a call at about 7:30pm on my business line. I answered as I always do when answering that line. The person on the other end said; "Good evening sir, Do you have a security system in your home??" To which, I said; "Why would anyone answer such a stupid question to a person that they did not know??" Then she said; "Well if you do not have a system we have a special deal for you and if you do have a system we have different deal for you." I won't go into the rest of the conversation, just accept that it was short. 30 minutes later and then 2 hours later the same outfit called again. If I could only have the ability to reach through the phone and grab the idiots by the throat.

The problem is that people actually fall for this crap. It nobody did they would stop.

Sadly, it is part of our society and we just have to grin and bear it or at least get some kind of satisfaction by blowing whistles in there ears.

Hope all goes better for you.

Reply to
ABLE1

Years ago, I'd heard that someone had come up with the perfect solution to those annoying telemarketing calls.

The guy that answered the phone responded to the normal opening blurb with a "hang on a minute". The telemarketer then over-heard the following conversation:

Voice #1: "It's another one of those damned tele-marketing calls".

Voice #2: "Damn it, George, I told you never to answer the phone!"

Voice #1: "What are you doing? Put the gun down!"

Voice #2: "If I told you once, I told you a thousand times... DON'T ANSWER THE FRIGGIN' PHONE!"

Followed by the sound of four or five gunshots.

Voice #1: "Augggghhh!"

Voice #2: "That'll fix you good you sorry little (insert an obnoxious derogatory phrase)."

Then hang up the phone.

Not sure if it worked.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

On Friday, October 12, 2012 1:19:55 AM UTC-4, Frank Kurz wrote: Years ago, I'd heard that someone had come up with the perfect solution to= those annoying telemarketing calls. The guy that answered the phone respon= ded to the normal opening blurb with a "hang on a minute". The telemarketer= then over-heard the following conversation: Voice #1: "It's another one of= those damned tele-marketing calls". Voice #2: "Damn it, George, I told you= never to answer the phone!" Voice #1: "What are you doing? Put the gun dow= n!" Voice #2: "If I told you once, I told you a thousand times... DON'T ANS= WER THE FRIGGIN' PHONE!" Followed by the sound of four or five gunshots. Vo= ice #1: "Augggghhh!" Voice #2: "That'll fix you good you sorry little (inse= rt an obnoxious derogatory phrase)." Then hang up the phone. Not sure if it= worked.

I have a feeling that before he hung up the Telemarketer would say:

"Hello Hello ... would the OTHER person there be interested in a = security system?"

Reply to
Jim

Nice product from the SandMan..

formatting link

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

If you go to the website, you'll see Mike Sandman kindly posted the 'sit.wav' file

Put that into your answering machine response, then add "Leave a message at the sound of the tone" as your answering message.

Telemarketers will hear the sit tones and quit, and your friends will only be slightly confused but still leave a message.

Kudos to Mike Sandman.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.