5800WAVE

Anyone ever toy with the 5800WAVE siren? Honeywell will claim this device has a range of a zillion miles (mountain top to mountain top), and the Count Chocula keyfob debacle from years past makes me cringe when placing wireless devices more than a foot from the receiver. And before we go any further I am BEGGING Bass not to make any ridiculous claims like how he can make the siren sound to the tune of Baby Got Back. I'm too cheap to test this siren, and now that Mark has Caller ID he's dodging me like Frogger on a freeway. Are these wireless sirens any good (well will they work in a pinch)?

Reply to
Everywhere Man
Loading thread data ...

I modifed one especially for the World Cup, it plays the theme from the Dambusters and the Great Escape movies.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I know as much about that siren as the US football team knows about winning the World Cup and NASCAR drivers know about turning right, I would imagine though that you can use DST or a wad of gum to mount them, so they will probably be perfect for your application. I'd take you up on your offer to watch the Yankees but I'm not really into hockey. Sir Douglas?, I could get used to that

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

We know better. Regular Brits have bad teeth and no money. Royalty have bad teeth and lots of money.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Hey, I've got money

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Bollocks, I'm going to buy a toothbrush

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Yeh, yeh and some are soaking overnight in pepsodent

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I have used them up to 50 feet and 3 stories up residential no problem.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

D'uh! Buy one and play with it ya cheapskate. Don't forget the obvious. Concrete, wood, drywall absorb, Metal blocks and reflects and of course, there's interference Divide the manufacture's range claim by 10 to be on the safe side.

Reply to
mikey

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

A bunch of guys running around kicking a ball, and when they "score", they all hug and kiss. Should be called the Fruit Cup. js

Reply to
alarman

There are 32 US football teams. To which one are you referring? js

Reply to
alarman

See the latest trend? or do they do this all the time? I caught the "tail end" of a game and when the teams were leaving the field, some started taking their shirts off. Unbridled anticipation of locker room hijinks no doubt.

Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.