5540 Silent Knight Software Question

I am planning on connecting straight to the panel using the 5530 modem. When an alarm is triggered the panel normally dials the number programmed to report the alarm. What will happen now that the modem is plugged into the panels phone jack? Will it still try to dial? Will the modem just ignore the panels dialing and send the connect tones?

Thanks for the help.

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

My guess is that nothing will happen other than a communication failure, while not being familiar with the software or the panel in question, it sounds like you are trying to use a upload/download package to transmit/receive alarm signals.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I doubt you will get it to work.

You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the software.

| > Doug L | > -- | >

| >> Thanks for the help. | >>

| >> Bill | >> snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com | >>

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >>

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month | >> Only! | >

| >

| | | | |

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only! |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yes, I am trying to do an upload, but I need to know the account number to request an upload. I don't have the account number. The software will accept calls from any panel and log the alarm. If I can get it to connect then it would log the account number as well as the alarm and the software would tell the panel to call back in 15 minutes. I could then select that account from the list and tell the software, the next time this account calls upload the panels eeprom to the computer. I know this would work if the panel was calling over a standard phone line, but since I can't get into the programming mode, I can't change the number it calls. It was recommended that I let the panel call out, then unplug the phone line and use a regular phone to dial the number I want , then plug the alarms phone jack back in when it starts ringing. I'm not sure if that would work either. Any thoughts?

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Modem's not gonna produce a dialable dial tone. Viking makes one...around a 100 bucks I think.

I'm not sure you're gonna get your scheme to work though. Interesting experiment I suppose. Let us know!

| > You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the | > software. | >

| >

| >

| > | > Doug L | > | > -- | > | >

| > | >> Thanks for the help. | > | >>

| > | >> Bill | > | >> snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com | > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous,

5$/month | > | >> Only! | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | > | | > |

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month | > Only! | > | | >

| >

| | | | |

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The modem doesn't produce the tone needed? Where can I get a tone simulator?

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

I think he's trying to hack into a panel with programming software so he can pull out the account number so that he can reprogram it...I doubt he will get it to work...at least that's my take on it.

I don't think he's gonna be able to trap the panel to extract the passcode or lockcode or account number I believe it's gonna just hangup on the software.

| > You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the | > software. | >

| >

| >

| > | > Doug L | > | > -- | > | >

| > | >> Thanks for the help. | > | >>

| > | >> Bill | > | >> snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com | > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous,

5$/month | > | >> Only! | > | >

| > | >

formatting link

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I kinda doubt it.

Most programming software has to pass somekind of password/code before it will talk to the panel so I don't think you're gonna get anything out of this experiment. I think the panel will not connect to your software. It will not pass (or at least it should NOT) pass the account number to you either.

| > I'm not sure you're gonna get your scheme to work though. Interesting | > experiment I suppose. Let us know! | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > | > You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the | > | > software. | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > Doug L | > | > | > -- | > | > | >

| > | > | >> Thanks for the help. | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> Bill | > | > | >> snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com | > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, | > 5$/month | > | > | >> Only! | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | > |

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, | > 5$/month | > | > Only! | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

formatting link

| >

| | | | |

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If all else fails I'm going to use the modem on another line and call manually from a phone before I trigger the alarm. This will make the modem and panel work as intended just to a different phone number. I pray that will work.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

So you think it will dump data on ack to the programming software?

I don't think it's work with Compass unless the csid or account numbers match. I know it won't work with Remote Link either...of course I dunno much abt Silent Knight. === OH...btw...do NOT connect battery leads backwards on an XR20 even for a nanosecond :-(...I think you guys put a curse on me last week.

| > I don't think he's gonna be able to trap the panel to extract the passcode | > or lockcode or account number I believe it's gonna just hangup on the | > software. | >

| >

| > | > You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the | > | > software. | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > Doug L | > | > | > -- | > | > | >

| > | > | >> Thanks for the help. | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> Bill | > | > | >> snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com | > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, | > 5$/month | > | > | >> Only! | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | > |

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, | 5$/month | > | > Only! | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Get what to work? You mean you guys understand what the heck he's trying to do. I'm lost.

recommended

Reply to
mikey

It will. It's looking for "Ack" tones, not FSK modem tones.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

No. Sorry for the misleading answer. Receivers typically issue the ack tones in DTMF, some FSK, a few BFSK, and SDLC. Most downloading software uses modems to communicate to the panel in an FSK (Modem) format. What Bill is trying to do won't, or should I say, shouldn't work. CID is a DTMF (Touch Tone) format, not FSK.

communication

Reply to
Jackcsg

It won't.

Reply to
Frank Olson

As I said earlier I'm not familiar with this software or the panel, so you probably know more about this product than me so everything I'm about to say could be old news to you or it could be inapplicable in your case, but you stated earlier in this thread that you wanted to cause an alarm and have your 5530 downloading modem pick up the call, and while its true that you could probably use a phone line simulator to directly connect to the modem and get the modem to answer the call, thats probably as far as it will go since generally speaking most alarm panel panels use completely different formats and protocols for transmitting alarms than they do for uploading/downloading, so I think you will find that if you trigger an alarm the panel will be expecting a CS receiver on the other end and will be waiting for a handshake tone from a receiver, not an acknowledgement tone from your 5530 modem. If the panel supports a user intiated remote upload/download session, then I suspect that is what you need to invoke, not an alarm signal, but again, generally speaking while most CS receivers will accept an unknown panel calling and will log the account number and alarm signal, most uploading/downloading packages won't, and most panels won't upload or accept a download if the panel and computer can't identify each other with valid passwords or other authentication procedures.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

The 5530 modem would communicate with the panel if the panel was calling the modem over the phone line. The 5540 software would read the data the panel is sending and put it in the list. It would show up as an account that was not scheduled to call. Then I could select this account from the list and tell the software: the next time this panel calls - upload the eeprom to this computer. The only issue I am having is that I am trying to connect the panel to the modem straight without going over the phone line. If the panel is programmed to dial without waiting for dial tone then the only issue would be will the modem pick up the tones the panel is sending. Since this modem is designed specifically for programming this panel it stands to reason it will work. I know I can call the panel and download into the panel directly, but this would wipe out all existing programming. This is what I want to avoid. I am going to try and read the DTMF phone number the panel is calling. Does the panel transmit it's account # in DTMF as well?

Bill

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

bill you will need a phone line simulator to do what you want

as a teacher ( i train other tech at night in a school for adult as a second job)i use such a device..(got it from ebay at 50.00 us)

its is a real telco CO in a box.. mine have 4 line and all line can call any of the other line, it will even generate a ring signal at the selected called line

mine was sold by black box

formatting link
heres the first link that i found on such a device on google you could easily find a similar device somewhere for sale at a good price..

when i dont use it in my training seminar i use it at home as a small intercom system..(all my telephone can use 2 phone line..the first line is my normal phone line from the telco..and all the second line are different extention from the phone line simulator and i programmed the box so that all

4 extention to ring on the dialled number 101 to 104...

"Bill" a écrit dans le message de news:

432c23e6$0$13504$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenethost.com...
Reply to
petem

It "would", or it did?

It depends what's making the panel grap dial tone, and dial. If it is an alarm, the panel is going to attempt to send DTMF. Your modem is waiting for FSK.

Since this modem is designed specifically for programming

The panel automatically switches on incomming calls to recieve FSK signals for remote programming. Even if you could/can initiate a remote download from the panel...you're missing the account number for a successful communication in FSK via the modem. Alarm sends DTMF.

DSC used to make a nifty little hand held receiver/simulator, but if your panel is transmitting CID, it's pretty fast, and I doubt you'd be able to see it. Pull your zone list from the keypad, and default the panel. If that's even possible....

Reply to
Jackcsg

If the panel sends an alarm in DTMF and also sends it's account number in DTMF then I could capture those tones as it is sending to the CS. Then I could run the .wav file through a DTMF decode and I would have the account number. I'm not sure if the panel is set to send SIA or FSK. It has both available in the programming and I don't know what they set it to.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.