5010 Communication Problems

just go into user code programming and write down what the codes are. I think it is the *5 Menu

James

Reply to
James
Loading thread data ...

If you're really interested in security...why are you using a Simon anyway? js

Reply to
alarman

Yup, I thought you had a 5500 keypad. :)

James

Reply to
James

Yes, Or any other code you want to look at.

James

Reply to
James

"James"...

Either I'm lost or you are. As far as I know, the only code that the panel will display is the master code.

I know that if I logged into the panel through DLS I could get the codes, but that wasn't even possible in this case. As it turned out, there were only two codes anyway, so it wasn't a big deal to get the list.

In the future though, it would be a very nice feature to use.

Reply to
shady

Why wouldn't it be? It would be at least as secure as the master code anyway. And if you already have that... the system is pretty much all yours anyway.

What I don't find secure is programming codes into Simon systems and it tells you the code verbally. I try not to do much programming if there's anyone home, or at least in the room.

Reply to
shady

......or are you thinking of the LCD-5500 keypads? We typically use the LCD-5501's instead (some customers would be too easily confused with words and instructions anyway), but if this is possible with the 5500, I may have to keep one in the car.

Reply to
shady

so with the 5500 i could just go * 5 master code 01 and get that code?

Reply to
shady

The most time I spend with them is on Simon 2 takeovers. It seems that there must have been doorknockers in the area a few years ago looking for elderly people to sell a contract and some peace of mind to. I'm not sure if it's good or not, but I've only had to turn one motion detector right-side-up (it spent three years watching the ceiling).

As far as security goes, I never have liked the Simon systems, especially when the phone jack is usually either not used (and hence no line seizure) or in plain sight. At least the Allegro has dealt with that issue.

Generally we'll use them when we either haven't seen the home and can't get a good description of it (out of town, old houses, etc.)... or when we simply aren't able to run any wire at all (especially log homes).

As far as fully wireless systems go, it could be worse... could be a Snif system :)

Reply to
shady

good to know... thanks james :)

Reply to
shady

Including the installer code and the downloading code? I am not sure these are available in this way.

Reply to
Armond Perretta

You can view the installer, master code and downloader code in binary

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No, Just the user codes can be viewed in the *5 menu. You need to enter programming *8 to view the installer and download codes. :)

James

Reply to
James

I'm certainly no expert, but I don't quite understand how you can _see_ the installer code with *8, since you first need to _enter_ the installer code after hitting *8.

Reply to
Armond Perretta

You can view the installer code but only after using it to get into programming first

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.