46. NEWBEES, external RF transmitters disturb often Wireless Alarm Systems..

Don't "thrust" Beligian either, they can muzzle you and you'll neverknowit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

Don't thrust wireless alarm systems, use wired!!!

My wireless alarm system was:

- "deaf", muzzled for sensor signal reception and

- "dead" on alarm giving when i used a simple commercial available wireless radio headphone, that simple ..

Its a well known radio transmission problem called "Radio Frequency Interference" (RFI)

- present at ALL systems (old and new = external) but

- more present than normal in wireless alarm systems due to the low power transmitters (10milliWatt) used in the sensors AND

- the use of shared frequencies (obliged) who have disturbances and are unprotected for RFI (see at FCC and/or other country authorities for the world frequency band attribution scheme or

formatting link
for official info).

What type of signals are able to jeopardize they're operation? External RF Transmitters operating:

- ON the wireless frequency

- Falling in the receiver band pass

- On the IF frequency (IF = Intermediate Frequency)

- Intermodulation

- Saturating the receiver front end circuit

- Harmonics

- and more... In essence the problems caused by interference is the fact that by no way two (or more) systems can use simultaneously the same frequency.

My wireless headphone story showed me "how simple it is" to have the operation jeopardized completely by an external transmitter operating on the wireless alarm frequency.

This problem is NOT REPORTED by any mean to the owner, realize what can happen when you have a wireless FIRE detection system... The system will no longer detect it (same for intruder alarm).

I replaced my Wireless Alarm System with a wired one; the problem is solved for me, what about yours?

Some "extra clever pro's" say that the FCC (++) will locate and find the disturbing signal.

1. Just realize that the local range of the disturbing signal don't allow to locate it at distance.
  2. That other legal users share the wireless alarm frequency and that they have to find out in that bunch the one whom is disturbing... Good luck.

Paul

Reply to
-pull

Newbies...

Don't trust anything this child posts.

He has ignored all of the reponses that he has been given in the past from people who know what they are talking about. I won't bother to go through this post and correct his mistakes yet again, but trust me he's a complete moron with no education.

Reply to
Roger

Amazing Roger that, you say that RFI test = part of EMC testing... Surprising.

Can you mention what part of EMC testing covers RFI? What's certified test equipment is required to do what YOU CALL RFI tests or is it the same certified general coverage generators and/or power line test equipment?

Can you tell me where the answer has been given dear stupid so "called" pro?

Reply to
-pull

Re-Read my post. I wrote the following:-

As you will see, I didn't say RFI test = part of EMC testing, as you seem to suggest. I was talking about EN50131 and is DOES test for jamming as I mentioned.

By the way, I am looking at a page that has the phrase Radio Frequency Interference written 4 times on just one page in an EMC standard document used in the UK (discussing the test methods used to test for radiated immunity). So, even though you were talking about the wrong document, you are also wrong about EMC. It does mention and talk about Radio Frequency Interference (RFI)!!!.

Yes. Look above numb nuts!

Reply to
Roger

Its amazing that you can't specify the test text nor the required test tools... Thy just don't exist for RFI testing.

Reply to
-pull-

I just can't be arsed anymore. It's there. Look for yourself. I've successfully tested wireless equipment to the standards and tests specified. I'm not imagining them.

Well that's it. I've blocked you from my newsreader & placed a filter on anything RFI related. No more crap from you... Wonderfull !

Reply to
Roger

Bye poor "low level electrician". There is no RFI certification, you are ignorant.

Reply to
-pull-

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

paully said it...there is no RFI!!!!

LOL

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.