3 garden invasions in 6 months

There is no single outdoor sensor that will not have false alarms. Hence why I worded my comment the way I did.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Yes, understood. I have a couple of Optex and the direct sunlight and wind do cause false alarms. With the realistic understanding that even Crows have false alarms, what height would you recommend? My driveway is 20' wide and 50' long. I want to mount a D&D about mid way up the driveway, facing across the 20' width, directly facing a row of 40" shrubs. What height would you recommend?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I would mount them at the standard mounting height in the specs, and a few feet back from the driveway. Also, if possible I would mount them on a post witth a shade similar to that used for meterological recording thermometers. Facing North if practical. (A north facing shade with side boards allows a thermometer to always be in the shade at any time of day or in any season in the northern hemisphere.)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.