3 garden invasions in 6 months

my area seems to be rife with people creeping about gardens during the night ...i have seen someone in neighbours garden at night police managed to lose the creep and also i personally have had things stolen twice during the night /very ealry morning

So , the aim here is to catch the scum in the act ... i dont see cameras being the answer as they are expensive and having tried them in past (the cheaper models ) the pictures not great and the softwares crap and not of it is admissable in court anyway

Couple of security pir lights up but doesnt deter as they go off so many times anyways due to foxes and cats

So i need to try and let the police catch the scum in the act , im pretty sure its the same person going over the same territory every couple of months

My house is a semi detached and only small fences separate a couple of the neighbours t moment

I can roughly limit access to my garden to 2 areas ,by adding terellis to top of fence and im planning to do this anyways , but im thinking of setting up a sting type operation adn leaving two areas i could monitor remotely

1) ones a wide concrete area about 8ft , driveway ..i have no ideas for this a ful size will go up here at some point

2) other is behind garage a hidden area hes been known to use for access its covered in woodchips and im thinking mmm maybe some kind of pressure pads ( wireless i cant find ? )

Ideally whatever i use has to simply make a noise in the house , not be set off by foxes/cats ? maybe be self powered ? ( batteries) that will last a couple of weeks and discrete i dont want the scum to know I know !!! hes there the aim is to catch the bam !

Any ideas for kinda cheap foolproof limited area PEOPLE MONITORING ?

Reply to
securiy
Loading thread data ...

People raiding the garden huh? Grow your weed indoors, it will come out better anyway.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Excellent point. I like the guys that use state & national forests to grow their stash...one would think they would be smart enough to cultivate it before fall. The fire rangers get real suspicious when they see a patch of forest that is lush and green, when everything else is brown, yellow or red that time of year... real life TV. It was on one of the busted on tape shows...1600 pounds up in smoke man! Cheech & Chong would have cried the blues at that sight... ;)

Jim Rojas

G. Morgan wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Ideas? It's not battery operated, but an IR beam around the perimeter of your property might work. Install the beam high enough so small animals walk under it.

See

formatting link
Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

He said cheap... and mentioned that cameras were expensive in the same post.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

IMO, camera systems that support night identification are expensive. I have an Axis 223M, and it can't produce images good enough for identification under a 5 lux street light. An IR beam is cheap in comparison to a night camera setup.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

I guess that depends on what you use, the range and the environment, and your choice of cameras. There are some pretty affordable IR cameras available these days.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

For identification? Recently I reviewed some photos of a house robbery. They had cameras all over the house, inside and out. The break-in took place during mid day, not at night. Lots of images of the suspects. Unfortunately, the images were pretty bad. Good luck getting a positive ID. It just ain't that easy, especially at night.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

A whole bunch of 3.6 mm soda cans I bet.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So ...

One idea so far i think an IR beam ......

Any further ideas ? to develop

Anybody seen such a thing as a wireless pressure pad ?

Reply to
securiy

Use several trip wires strung high enough so animals can pass under them. They make special black trip wire and trip wire contacts.

Reply to
Bill

That idea lead me to ALARM mines on ebay that use blank cartridges any idea if these things are legal in UK

Reply to
securiy

Just say they are left over US ordinance and you didn't even know they were there. Princess Di would be proud of you. One of her pet projects was the elimination of land mines.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Why don't you just use a good quality external detector or beam linked to a chime.

Reply to
Paul

Because he is hoping somebody is going to say they have this great little sensor for about 10 bob that works 100% reliabily, never falses, takes evidence quality ultra high resolution video, legally detains the perp all on its own, and complies with the geneva convention.

Reply to
I R AN IDIOT

"Why don't you just use a good quality external detector or beam linked to a chime. "

because i hadnt thougth about it ! i came here for these ideas but seem cannibis is more oimportant my my peac of mind

Im looking into external PIRs as we speak

Reply to
securiy

And therein lies the paradox, Grasshopper.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Check out the Crows. Have not used them, but I understand they are very good.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Crow D&D works pretty good, but its pricey. We sometimes use them cross covering an inner courtyard on seperate zones programmed as a zone anding group.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What height do you mount them? As I recall, the data sheet recommended about 7'. It's 20' across my drive way, then a row of shrubs separating my neighbors yard. How high should I mount a Crow so that anyone walking up the drive (across the view of the Crow) would set the alarm, but also minimize false alarms of wind in the shrubs?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.