2GIG and Total Connect, Where's the beef ??

It seems that all of a sudden 2gig hits the market with a "revolutinay" control and evreyone seems to think it has something special. Total Connect is just now playing catch up to alarm.com The Simon 3 was doing command and control years ago, as it was the first alarm control to incorporate interactive services. The Simon XT was released with advanced control features when two gig hit the street. What's the hoopla ?? No one seems to realize that the 2gig is a one trick pony. Alarm.com services are availble on the Simon platform, Concord Platform and NetworX platforms.

192 hybrid zones of control on the NetworX NX-8E. 96 on the Concord, and as a self contained platform the Simon XT does 40......... So where's the 2gig beef ??
Reply to
GNM
Loading thread data ...

Utah?

Reply to
G. Morgan

FBI had a panel with telephone control back in the 80's think it was called tele-secure ? never caught on but once cell phones became popular then all of a sudden all the integrated panels started hitting the market. like HAI etc. But where back to the same old question whats the point of installing one if the customer is not technically capable of handling it. I know how many systems i put in over the years for authorized dealers and they used it couple of times and never again or when they go on vacation all the ever did get it for was the insurance discount.Then they get burglarized and claim they had control on when they never did. Thats the one feature I always look for in any panel I install is that it has a event logging system it answers all the questions and stops all the bull shit.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Did you not notice the touchscreen?

Or the integrated Z-Wave options?

Or the Honeywell sensor compatibility?

Or the RF touchscreen?

BTW they don't sell many NX versions of the Alarm.com module, no idea why it's a good panel.

Reply to
mleuck

Its and interesting product, not sure I would ever sell it though.

I don't like the way they are marketing it here...through door to door Missionaries (capitalized on purpose because that's what they are...from you know where)

They will approach anyone including houses with ADT, Brinks, etc...signs out front with generally means they are under contract, so if they sold them a system they'd be interfering.

And, from what I understand (and I could be wrong) Alarm.com is not a brick and mortar they're more like a signal aggravator.

I'm sure Mark would know more about that.

Rob

Reply to
Robosama

Robosama Wrote:=20

Signs mean nothing, you never know if a prospect has a contract (or even an alarm installed) until you ask.

People buy ADT signs from eBay, just because the sign is in the yard doesn't mean I can't knock on the door or leave a doorhanger.

Its still a free market economy, if a customer is dissatisfied with their alarmco, then I or anyone else can offer them another choice. They have to pay-off the current contract of course, but it may be worth it to them just to get the elephant off their back. If I throw in a few months of free monitoring, that helps them pay off what's left.

I'd like to hear other's opinions on what would be considered "interfering". I associate that with doing service on a competitor's monitored panel, something I would never do.

--=20

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.=20 If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,=20 We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Google: tort contract interference, and you'll probably find a ton of stuff.

Doesn't matter if you are happy with a contract or not if you signed a 3 year contract you have to complete the terms unless the company you have contracted with decides to let you out of the contract, if you sign with another company during the period you are under contract with the original company the original company had interfered with a contract; tortuous interference of a contact. You can both get sued...of course no one is gonna sue for a couple of hundred bucks but that's the gist of it.

Not the same as servicing someone else's panel (which I would never do either unless that company contracted me to do service for them).

Reply to
Robosama

Wow, I just had the time to read posts. How do these forums work, it it just ranting ?

I've read a few other posts, and it just seems like high school.

The value of these blogs/posts is with the membership, When we drop off it becomes a glorified E-mail between a few, and the value of intelligent input is lost.

Replying to this is irrevalant, I am signing out.

Reply to
GNM

You seemed to forget you started the thread with sort of a rant by asking where the 2GIG "beef" was which I answered

Reply to
mleuck

Isn't Peter Lugers supposed to be the best porterhouse in NYC? Why would you miss that just because you'd have to get cash first?

Or am I reading this wrong?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I put EVERYThing on the card for air miles because I just LOVE to fly first class everyplace I go ......and I can get great steaks from former Peter Luger chef's at least at 2 other places in Manhattan. And I don't like people telling me what I HAVE to do.

Reply to
Jim

Well, alrighty then! My last flight was so bad, I don't blame ya. I was stuck in the very last seat with people stacked up 'dick high' to my face, while waiting to do their business. I can still smell that flight.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.