27. New Readers Wire less, WH0 believe in it?

WIRELESS alarm systems are unreliable, regardless the brand, during Radio Frequency Interferences (known as RFI in the radio communication world). The week point of wireless is the transmitter / receiver link who can be muzzled and you will not know it, its not detected.

WIRED alarm systems can be defeated too but not with the same ease, they offer a mechanical / difficult access safety of sensor data transmission lines, each sensor has its "individual" wired data transport connection. Cutting or shorting wires are detected and alarmed.

Wireless data connections uses "one common" data transport media, radio waves and all wireless sensors pass true that chain and can be muzzled at ounce. A wireless data link can be:

- Detected from the outside with a general coverage receiver, and

- Disturbed also from the outside with a transmitter. This make a wireless alarm system a lot more VULNERABLE than a wired one.

Are you living in the middle of nowhere (marked as a black spot on the transmitter frequency distribution map)? Don't assume that in your area your system will not be interfered at a unexpected/random time due to transmitters in the vicinity. Your system may be interference free on installation but nothing tell you that this situation will last, no warning will show up when a change occur. Lets not talk about voluntary blocking of your system...

In my case a wireless headphone MUZZLED my alarm system for MORE THAN ONE YEAR, but a lot of other transmitters fulfil the requirement. Some pretend that my system was crap but are unable to provide any argument of why and to say why the actual RF receivers are better.

In my previous post (No 4) i have mentioned most transmitters who are susceptible to produce RFI. Recall there are a lot of them..

Ask yourself the question, are you living in the middle of nowhere with no radio com generated problems? Are missionaries still present in your area?

Avoid wireless crap; it may lack to provide you important intruder information the day you need it.

Paul

Reply to
-pull
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.