Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Napco Spread Spectrum wireless
My customer is a 92 year old lady that we installed a Magnum 1008 for approximately 15 years ago. The equipment is all working fine except for the T1000 wireless pendant transmitter which has failed....

Entering a new phone number on an ADT system
My contract expired with ADT and I now own the system that is installed on the property. Rather than pay them $30+ per month to monitor it, I want to reprogram the system to call my cell phone as I am...

Need Advices
Hi everybody I plan to install an alarm in my future house and I need some advices to make good choices.... Actualy the house is under construction. So, if wired alarm is better than wireless, it's...

no phone line? & 2way voice. move over joel
GE Security Announces Advanced Simon XT Residential Alarm Panel, First with Two-Way, Voice-over-GSM Wireless Communications Simon XT delivers added wireless and interactive capabilities through...

Scantronic 9100 fault
There is a fault with the alarm. With the system in engineering mode, selecting 97/Enter (Engineer Walk Test), the display shows a tamper fault with zone 4. I have shorted zone 4 A/T loop and also...

Mystery SIA signals
anybody know what a UX6 or UX1 is? Where does one find the big master list of all SIA reporting codes? (I don't trust the short version in the back of the DSC install manual).

Need SHORT piece of Shielded 14/4 Burial Cable
my landscaper made a mess of my driveway alarm cable as it went under the sidewalk. I need to replace the piece they mangled and the portion under the sidewalk to make splicing easy. I figure 10-20'...

Avoid Brinks Home Security
Please do yourself a favor and avoid Brinks. Brinks has been making plenty of money from suckers like me who didn't read the fine print "evergreen clause" in the contract, stating that it auto renews...

usb serial compass
OK I got the specific USB to serial adapter they call for to be able to use compass software keyspan hs19 loaded driver set software up everything loads correctly modem appears to initialize but mode...

quandry?
Liveleak.com -

Brinks Home Security Rip Off Reports
Here is the link cheers jasper collins See the latest reports, complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits and frauds reported. Click here and find all latest Ripoff Reports. 0 latest reports found. See the...

Nortel Norstar MICS 5.0 Phone System
Does anyone have the programming manual on this or know what the default password is? I think I migh have the manual but its password protected on the CD rom.... It says the password is the same as...

Rebuilt Gamewell master boxes
Does anyone have a source for these at a good price? I'm really in a bind. I got a quote from a local scumbag for 1100.00 and then quoted my customer accordingly. It seemed real good. Now he says he...

kids loitering in gangway
Thanks for the tips for a newbie...that's something to think about in general, and for the front door (wood) where I have, however, not had this problem. As for the rear door, I'm unfortunately...

DSC-ADT5020 (Programming Map)
Does anyone have a programming map for the ADT version of the DSC 5020? Regards, Allan Waghalter Security Sure Alarm Company 713-771-8887