12vdc panel

The panel only requires AC voltage input to start up...from there it will run on battery backup and feeding DC voltage into the AC terminals seems to trick its trouble circuitry adequately. I'm guessing that the manual quote that you reference would indicate that the panel will not power up with AC below 55.5Hz, however we regularly bring our panels to life (for programming purposes) by connecting the battery and simply putting DC into the AC input for a second or two. This is all it takes to wake the panel up and run off of DC only.

Reply to
Reg Siemens
Loading thread data ...

The caller would get a buzzy signal.

Reply to
mikey

The basic circuit to reduce a DC voltage would be a simple voltage divider. You'd have to know the current requirements so you could determine the wattage of the resistors. If the current draw were constant this would be pretty simple. The problem with doing what you want to do with a "circuit" is that the current requirements for an alarm panel duing an alarm condition are far greater than when it's not in alarm conditon. So you'd need some kind of regulation circuitry too. By the time you re-invented a voltage converter you could have bought 5 of them.

Reply to
Jim

What circuit would you use to get 12 VDC from 48 VDC? Can some one post one.

Reply to
Rich

You're looking for a DC to DC Converter. Don't forget wattage.

Reply to
mikey

Might be quite "climactic"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

With out effecting the Phone operation

Reply to
Rich

I bet people are just lining up to buy depleted uranium personal vibrators too.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I kinda doubt it, but it'd be interesting to see if you can. Let us know...I'd try it but I only have one in stock and I need it to be working on monday :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Chernoble Condoms they'll light up your nightlife!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm waiting for the depleted uranium condoms. With glow-in-the-dark ribs... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.