12vdc panel

Anyone know of a panel that will run on 12 or 24vdc and not show an "ac power trouble"? I also need it to be able to auto arm twice each night.

James

Reply to
James
Loading thread data ...

Use an inexpensive voltage inverter

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

formatting link
or something similar

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I need this is for a water department to protect one of their remote sites, it has no AC but does have 2 car batteries that are charged by a solar cell. I could get either 12vdc or 24vdc depending on where I hook into the batteries. I know about the "zapping" to get the control to turn on but it is a remote site and if power is ever lost totaly it would be hard to go back up just to zap it to get the system to operate again. I was hoping for a more permanant solution.

James

Reply to
James

What are you trying to run? at 24 VDC

Reply to
Rich

Most car alarms run off 12VDC. D'uh.

Reply to
mikey

Yes on both counts. Try a Napco Gemini series panel like the P3200.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Use a ITI Commander 2000, they are specifically designed with the option to run from 12V DC.

KM

Reply to
Karl Magnus

You can power any panel from a 12 VDC source. On many construction sites where power wasn't available at the time I installed a panel, I'd "zap" the AC input terminals with a 12 volt battery to "wake it up" and allow me to program it (this works equally well on Ademco, DSC, and Paradox panels). When the AC was finally connected everything was up and running and the customer could start using the system immediately. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't connect it to your boat's (or automobile's) 12 volt battery. Keep in mind that most alarm equipment runs on 12VDC, so if you're trying to power it from a 24VDC source, "bridge" the connection on the battery so that the panel only sees the 12VDC.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Witty

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

I think so. The first thing the AC current sees is a bridge rectifier, which would simply pass the DC through. js

Reply to
alarman

Section 1.1 of the North American 1555MX installation manual states that the panel will not run if the AC line frequency drops below 55.5Hz, presumably so DSC can sell a different version outside of North America. If this "feature" actually works then it should prevent the panel from running on DC applied to the AC terminals.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

No phone line, it uses a radio link.

Reply to
James

Thats too funny, Ill bet the FCC would love that stuff. :(

James

Reply to
James

Now that you told us, Is there a telephone line there?

We have some sewarage flow meters that are battery driven 12VDC. Thay have memeroy and have a modem in them and are down loaded over the phone daily. There charged fron the 48 VDC in the phone line.

Name with held.

Reply to
Rich

Ill try it and see if it works, I was thinking about a Vista 20p

James

Reply to
James

We have a DSC PC1575 that is running off of 12VDC solar system in a remote cottage and I tricked the panel into thinking it had A/C by feeding the AC terminals 12VDC. No trouble light and it's been running for years. I'm assuming the current 1555's & 5010's would function similarly.

Reg Siemens Tower Security

Reply to
Reg Siemens

Dr Emil sounds a lot like the "Dr" who created the Loxxon box, seems this guy invented the phone line vibrator

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmm, Ya have to wonder what would happen if a call was received while the vibrator was in use.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.