Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brink’s Home Security Wins Award From NBFAA
From the description of events it sounds as though she would have been better off just dialing 911 instead of pushing the panic button. The PD would have been informed at least a couple of minutes...

VoIP AGAIN
Hello all, I am looking for some wordage that would be put into a form that the customer would sign accepting liability if the VoIP connection fails. Does any one have a disclaimer that they would...

comparrisons
People spend hundreds of dollars a year in tips to waitresses that spend no more than 3 or 4 minutes in total at your table but complain until hell won't have it about a service call once a year if...

Subbies and Inspections
This is a US group. I don't think anyone will know the answer to your question. I do seem to remember that there is a UK group, but I don't remember what it is.

tourman
I accidently deleted the topic we were discussing on month to month agreements. I noticed that even though you call them month to month, they are really just open ended. To me, month to month means...

Fire Alarm Seminar Schedule
Contact me to find out how your group can sponsor seminars. mikebaker at afaa dot org ------------------ August 19-21, 2008 San Francisco, CA ------------------ Understanding NFPA 101 Fire Alarm...

Robert Bass
There's a reason why he hasn't posted responses in this newsgroup (and others in which he participates in) in the last couple of days. It's my understanding that he is (or has) undergone surgery for...

NX8 auto arm
I would like to auto arm a panel. In case some on forgets to lock up. In the advanced section with the open and close times set and all the days selected. The words auto arm in slot 97 and arm after...

NX8E keyswitch
At one of my NX8E installations i added a keyswitch at zone 21 (on expanders Z13) and i programmed it as momentary keyswitch (11). I connect the NC-C relay output from the wireless receiver but...

wireless cameras
I went to look at a job today at a big nursery outfit. something like 50 acres under production. I will have to spec out wireless cameras for them as trenching would be a nightmare with all of the...

Listen to this one --> (I'll spare you from posting the .bin)
This song is just toooooo catchy! Video: it here: The Official Music Video for Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" off his album ROCK N ROLL JESUS Go behind-the-scenes of "All Summer Long" here:...

Dear "Well Known National Alarm Company":
The ULC certificated system you installed two years ago at this grade school was bogus. The fact that you certified the system was nothing more than a money grab. Here is a list of deficiencies we...

Defective RJ31/CA 38 A Line Exclusion Jacks
RHC: I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with poor quality line exclusion jacks and cords. Canadian suppliers invariably stock only the Chinese imports, and lately we've been finding that...

Kill my phone line?
I've been reading about the Uplink, Skyroute, etc and I would like, if possible, to tie this into my z900 panel and abandon the landline. I understand that I must choose a monitoring co that handles...

Looking for 3M Cat-food-can splice kits
Ok... Who has them. I am looking for the round "Cat-food-can" Splice Kit made by 3M. I got the last one with a driveway alarm wire splice kit. It was easy to use, you could bury it or screw it to a...