Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thank You for taking my problem child customers
To those pittsburgh area dealers and general scum who just had to take advantage of the fact I was suffering from stage 4 cancer and saw fit to take customers of mine away I would like to thank you...

Monitoring options for Bosch Panels
I have a Bosch 9414G panel that is not currently monitored. The premises don't have a phoneline. I am interested in getting it monitored at a reasonable cost. As I understand, I can do dialer-capture,...

Wanted- Ademco 6139 keypad
Anyone got an Ademco 6139 keypad that works? What price?

IP home security surveillance camera
I would like to set up a camera (or two) to record the (1) front door and (2) back door of my suburban house. Here is what I have learned so far. I hope this helps people trying to get a sense of how...

galaxy 3-520 comms fails on sia
hi, I keep getting comms fails 300 seconds after logging on engineering. I'm using sia level 3 solely for sending open/close signals for groups a5,a6. This means everything is off but 10=setting....

How to default a zr-dh111np
How to default a zr-dh111np I have on that I frogot the IP for. Rich

How do I program zones on Ademco Vista 10SE?
I have an Ademco Vista 10SE system. I want to change Zone 6 to a "perimeter" zone type. Here's exactly what I've done so far- Hit: *20 (enter installer code) + 8 + 0 *56 (zone programming) At this...

Game-Spotting Camera For Surveilance?
In an effort to find out what's gobbling up our gardens, I've ordered one of these: went a couple of steps higher-end than needed for the job at hand bc I had another use in mind: watching a spot...

New System Design Help
Hey all, I am being asked to design and install a Fire Alarm System in a new Amish Woodworking Shop. Now after all the "Giggles", "Say what's??" and "Gufaahaa's" this ain't no joke. On site there will...

NextAlarm or other broadband monitoring
I posted recently about selecting an alarm system for a remote vacation house. There's a possibility I may have DSL available, and if so, may get it installed to permit some limited monitoring via an...

GE Simon 3 and GSM monitoring
I'm looking for an alarm system for a remote vacation home. I'm trying to find something that is relatively inexpensive, but still a "pro grade" system so that it'll have fairly good reliability,...

GE Allegro
I've seen it mentioned a few times in this group that the 2-piece design of the GE Allegro has the advantage that destruction of the keypad doesn't prevent an alarm signal from being transmitted. The...

Cellualr for Fire
I had occasionally been using the TG7F by Telular for fire. Its rated as one of the communication paths for fire as primary or secondary. Unfortunately I have run across a unit that doesn't seem to...

NAPCO in Canada.
You've been waiting on a call back for four years? Man, you're a patient guy... :^) You don't need to establish an account with Napco -- just one of their distributors? Here's a list: you don't...

Hot Shot Cable Splice
Way back when dirt was new and I worked for a regional telephone service provider we had a device we called a hot shot. It was a buried cable splice container designed for direct burial shielded cable...