Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Motion security lighting
My home is in a wooded remote area on the edge of town without any street lighting. I found a motion sensor light with a built in video camera plus an audible warning voice. The wife and I feel an...

Security System
Location Sensing Fiber Optic Perimeter Security Systems http://www.ogogo123sina.cn

Internet fax service
I had my fax machine die last week and i am trying to decide if i should bite the bullet and buy another or go to an internet fax service. Any of you guys using one? Any good ones to try or bad ones...

Radionics D7212 logging
Hi All, I just bought a house and it came wired with a Radionics D7212. I've been doing some research on it and it sounds like I need a D9133 serial interface module to talk rs232 to it. Is that true?...

Whats going on.
Hi Group, I have just tried to listen to a radio station in St Petes. The station binned me saying that I could not listen if I lived out-side the States. Whats that about People?.I heard you are to...

Some help please
Hi Group, Can I control the Visonic powermax + via my lap top. I mean if a panel rings me can I reset it being a key holder for my Customer.I hope you know what I mean. Kind Regards Micky Savage.

recommendations: infrared illuminators - 850nm - up to 100 feet
I recently purchased an IQVision IQ853 D&N security camera (Infrared range is 850-940 nm). I was told that 850nm works well with this camera. I'm looking for a lightweight, outdoor, quality infrared...

Wireless motions (DSC)
I have been planning for two years to upgrade with my system with three additional motion detectors. In fact, I already had installers out twice, but they were unable to access my attic either without...

Increase security before alarms ring!
What do you think of increase security in your house .. ok I know that alarms work very well but before the intruders get in why not make your house more safety! Just inform you to know there is...

Internet panel controled
What alarm panel can I monitor over the internet and have it send out SMS calls to a cellphone? Rich

Alarm Companys being sued by Firefighters relatives
It will be intresting to see were this one goes California Firefighter's Widow, Son Sue Alarm Company Posted: 08-19-2008 Updated: 08-20-2008 09:39:01 AM E-MAIL THIS STORY PRINT THIS STORY By MATTHIAS...

What a stupid place to choose to hide in...
DELTA TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Michigan authorities say a shoplifting suspect has died after being crushed in a trash compactor where she was hiding. The Eaton County sheriff's department said two women fled...

Entrance monitor
I've got a Bosch alarm system at my business that is monitored by a local company. The keypad is a D222; control panel is a D2212B - very basic system. When it's disarmed during working hours,...

Re: AlarmNet reliability how can it go down with no notice?
Mike, Is there any Honeywell GSM product that will be taking the place of the 7830R radios??? Regards, Russ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Seccon1" Newsgroups: Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008...

DSC 5501-433 Keypad
I have installed a second 5501-433 Keypad on a security system. When I enrole the pad it works for about 2 mintues then seems to fail. No key works and only the time is displayed. I have installed one...