Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WTB: Smoke Detectors #2112/24ATR
Lightning has damaged the "initiating" relay of four 2112/24ATR's. Each of the four units exhibit the normal pulsing red LED. Each also sounds its internal horn when the test "button" is depressed....

Thanks All for the advice!
As always this newsgroup comes through....Thanks for all the advice! I won't be attempting to interface the system now, and I'm going to try to convert the whole system over to 12v Napco FW-4W...

Digital Age Telephone Vs Digital lost
A massive wind storm which saw winds up to 90 mph in Eastern Ohio and Western Pa. and at one point left 100,000 people with out power just in the Pittsburgh area and to make matters worse homes and...

Interfacing AC Fire Alarm w/ Napco 3200
I have a 120v AC fire alarm system in my home that is currently wired independently from my 12vdc Napco security alarm system. Like most hard-wired fire alarm systems, when one head trips, all of the...

DIY Alarm System Recommendation
I have a hardware/software development background and I am looking for a recommendation for a residential alarm system. I have a three-year- old home with a finished walkout basement. The first floor...

safewatch Pro 2000
ASA - looking more info Doing an ADT take over of an Safewatch Pro 2000, Programming Form indicates that "local programming requires the use of a 2-line Custom English touchpad connected to the...

"through" glass intercom
Looking for a simple (ie: cheap) intercom like this: things I've found in the US so far are from Telex and Norcon, all in the $500 - $2000 range. I'd prefer not to cut any glass, this isn't really a...

Motion security lighting question
Is it possible to reduce the sensor detection angle down from 180 degrees? I would like to reduce (or block) one side about 50 degrees but do not know if it is possible or how to do it. Thank you.

Radonics D7212 vs D7212B1
I am trying to connect to a Radionics D7212B1 panel using a D9133TTL-E network interface module and RPS which does not work. In order to get the network connection options in RPS, I have to select a...

Wall Mount TV Questions Help-OT
Group, I would appreciate a little help from any of your experience and input. The location that I want to put a Wall mount TV in my Living room is above the ventless fire place. I am concerned about...

Ademco 6271CV Question
20P board with a 6160 keypad at the board. programming done there, works ok. a 6271CV (1) in the mbr was used to set up two users, works as advertised. a second 6271CV (2) was lastly placed in the...

ADT Logo graphic
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the ADT yard sign Logo in a vector graphic format? I have seen business logo cd's available but I would hate to spend $300 dollars to buy the CD when I only...

Ademco 20P EOLR question
Experimenting with my new 20P system. I plan to have a qualified installer come in and set it up with monitoring after learning a bit about it myself. That said, the question I have is on the EOLR...

Troubleshooting false smoke detector alarms?
Last night we had two false smoke alarms signaled from the same 3rd floor stairwell sensor. There was definitively no smoke, heat, or other environmental changes in the area. The sensor is an ESL...

Vista 20P partition question...
Hi all, I have a Vista 20P and I'm trying to set up the partitions. I have two areas that only certain people can access - I've set these up as Partitions 1 + 2. My main problem is with the users that...