Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which alarm panel to buy for home?
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations as to which panel to install for my house. I'm doing some extensive renos, so running cable to all doors and windows is not a problem. My parents have a Napco...

Please recommend a DVR upgrade with more features..
I have a 4 cam dvr system installed at my home, I check it from work via a program installed on my work PC. What I really need is a system that will alert me if something happens, then I will know to...

ADT Focus 6
Man.. I dont know what it is about ADT panels and the Focus Line.. But I ran into a customer with an ADT focus 6. I have replaced it with a DSC 1616 panel. I want to say it looks like an old Airtech...

Some advice please.
Hi Group, I have been asked to install a 12v dvr and bullet cam in a taxi, ( modern saloon car). My questions are:- 1 How do a get a power supply to this system without causing the battery to go flat...

PDF Alarm Manuals
The above websites are now available to anyone wishing to download PDF manuals that are no longer available through normal channels. More manuals will be added as time allows. Cheers! Nigel Tenner

Keypad Fire Activated??
Different topic. Have a customer that had a Keypad Fire activated a couple of weeks ago. Did my investigation and signal did come for panel confirmed by Caller ID. History also indicated that a Fire...

Fiber Optic Cable Lighting Strike??
On Wednesday it was said to me by a customer that a lightning bolt hit the fiber cable to their house and blew the Fiber box off the wall. Verizon had to replace the whole box. It was stated to the...

ADT FOCUS 100
Does Anyone have the specs of this system? is it addressable? etc.. I have a customer that needs the panel replaced with 3 keypads and I kinda want to know what im going to run into... Thanks... MS

Safewatch pro 2000
Dave S had written this in response to : Goldendomers ------------------------------------- I have an ADT Safewatch pro 2000 installed when I built my house in 1999. I purchased the equipment. After 2...

Caretaker Sensor Programming
After the hurricane and 2 plus weeks of no power, my ITI systems have lost all memory. I am having trouble with a Caretaker. I have successfully re-programmed everything but the sensors into the...

vista 15pmt
I just rented some warehouse space and there is a monitronics Vista-15pmt alarm panel in the space. The system was left by the last owner. My question is can i reset the codes and if so how.

DSC 3000 issue
I inherited a DSC3000 without a manual. All the burglar zones are fine, except the fire/smoke detectors. I see 4 wires in the box, but they're not terminated on the terminal strip. Can anyone tell me...

Troubleshooting a Ademco Vista 20P Sensor problem?
Hi, I am a novice to alarm systems. But had ADT install a smart secure pro 3000 in my house. I understand this to be a Ademco Vista 20P. My problem is that last week some repair guys came and replaced...

NexWatch/Westinghouse
I am in need of a power supply for a Westinghouse Alto 818sx. Access control panel. this unit is a big black rectangle. I am in need of this ASAP. Any help is welcomed and thanked. Dave Stephenson

Setting test report - time of Day
my account take-over of an SafewatchPro-200 "20SP went well,. looing at the programming sheet I can't find the address for programming time of day test..the panel was set to sent test report on 30 day...