12+ snow and counting

I have 12+ inches of snow up on the hill here in Pittsburgh its going to be an intresting week

they say south of us has 20+ so much for global warming

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Heh.... Over here, they're trucking it from Manning Park to Cypress Mountain (an Olympic venue that's running way short of it). Dumb thing to spend our money on... at $1000.00 per load... and they're doing something like 200 a day. The story broke a few days ago when all of a sudden building and road contractors couldn't find any dump-trucks. They're now all under contract to Vanoc.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm trying to get out to Calgary/Banff in July/August. Ya think it'll be melted by then?

Reply to
Jim

Where now up to 20" here had to shovel a path for the dogs to do there buisness snow is higher than them.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Oh the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, And since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What year?

Reply to
jyazelz

"Global Warming" is a misleading term. It doesn't mean you get to play golf and tennis in February in Pittsburgh. It means the average global temperature is rising. It means the ice sheets are melting in Greenland and Antarctica. It means the ocean's current "conveyor" will get out of whack, causing global "climate change". It means higher sea levels, bad news for people who's land is already disappearing.

The science is there... Bush's science team tried to suppress and skew data, but it didn't work out like he planned.

Why has this issue become a partisan one? Why is this even a political issue at all? Why do right-leaning political persons tend to dismiss global man-made climate change?

Oh, I bet is has to do with money! Big corporations don't like the idea of shelling out bucks to comply with zero carbon emissions. It will cost them money and that is not good for the "bottom line" and the share prices. Yeah, that's why.

BTW, Al Gore's idea of buying "carbon credits" is also ridiculous.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Frank, I bet you can make a "mint" renting out your house for the games. I remember people in Houston were doing that for the Superbowl a few years ago.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I just looked out the window. It hasn't got here yet.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know a couple of people that are doing just that. Some good friends are paying for their wedding/honeymoon with the $30K+ they'll net by the end of the games. I told them to keep some back for the income tax man... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

If its any consolation they seemed to be getting hammered in Virgina. Take a look at the video demo site for Dedicated Micros there.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

While I was out on the river fishing. It was a beautiful day on the water. Finished fifth in Desert Bass. They paid 4 places. Sigh. We had the third place big fish. That paid two places. Sigh. LOL. Still it beat working.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Perhaps you haven't kept up with the UK press these last few months for some odd reason it doesn't make it here much

Reply to
mleuck

I'd give Al Gore a call but he's either flying all over the world giving speeches, sitting in the hot tub at his house that uses 10x the electricity of an normal home OR on that houseboat he bought a couple of years ago with the jetski.

I'll trade you a bucket of that snow for some carbon credits...

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.