Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Binford 8500D
Hi All, I just bought a resale home, that came with an alarm system already in it. The box says it's Binford 8500D. I need a user manuel and an engineers book on it. I feel confident I can work on it...

Optex Alarm Genesys 824r .. the installer manual
hi ALL, i am looking for an installer manual for Optex Genesys 824R. Your help is highly appreciated. Jeff.

Oldbie is back with Newbie Questions
Hi! It's been a few years. Got out of the building and security business a few years ago. Now, even with this tanking economy, I'm back. Don't ask about my IQ - life is what it is and I try to go with...

Bosch Panels and numeric pagers
I have a Bosch 9412G panel and I'd like to make it send messages to my cell's voicemail pager function. The voicemail supports pager mode in this manner. Pickup phone Dial phone number wait 45 seconds...

Lets try something .... again.
I think it rather unique that this suggestion comes from me, but perhaps it's best that it does. Rather than respond to all of the garbage that seems to be accumulating in that other thread, I thought...

Napco clock drift
Hi, I've had a Napco Magnum 1000 for about 16yrs already. Overall, the system works perfectly well - everything it was setup/designed to do is precisely the way it works. Except for one thing. The...

Honeywell Vista 20P
I inadvertently defaulted a Vista 20P panel with 30-some RF transmitters, including one RF PIR and one RF smoke sensor. After reprogramming I am confronted with the following problem: When I violate a...

Security Alarm Parts
Can I please get some recommendations on some good online security alarm stores (Canada and the US). I need to order a few napco P3200 security systems with a bunch of PIR's, smokes, heats etc etc. I...

Moose Z1100 and DSL
Hi, I have a Moose Z1100 that I installed about 20 years ago. I recently installed DSL service on the phone line and now have problems with the panel. The panel dials out to the central station, but...

Paradox 1686H keypad
I'm looking for about 25 Paradox 1686 horizontal keypads. Anyone know of any distributor that might still have stock? Reg Siemens Tower Security Systems Inc.

Scam Alert-- Scam Alert -- Scam Alert
Hello all, I received the following in email form four(4) times so far. If it is too good to be true; IT IS, as well as a SCAM. Be advised. Les...

Need advice - outdoor IP PTZ camera
I have been looking for a camera to install outside my home for security. Here are my desires: * Weatherproof * Pan, Tilt, Zoom controlled via Browser or PC software * IP - camera controlled via...

Interface files to/from Win-Pak Pro 2005
I have been asked to investigate the possibility of creating interface file from and loading interface files to Win-Pak Pro 2005. Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Are there data...

Thoughts on Elk M1?
Hi, I've been reading back through the archives of this group trying to see what people think of the Elk M1 as a security system, but I seem to see very little discussion about the Elk line of...

Ademco Vista15P & 5192SD smoke detectors
All, I just installed an Ademco Vista15P in my home. The intrusion zones 2 through 5 are working with the motion sensors and are not a problem. However, I have two questions... 1. Is there a...