Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

XM10 Powerhouse question
Hi guys I would like to use an XM10 device to control my X10 network. However, I would like to use it connected to a personal computer instead of via a electronic means, such as a home alarm system's...

GE NX-320 PS
Has anyone heard what the issue is with the Transformer that comes with the NX-320??? GE has pulled all NX-320's from the shelves as of Nov. 12th. One person at ADI said that the note he has is that...

wired and wireless unit recommedations
Im looking for a replacement alarm panel that can support: 1) wireless keypad 2) hardwired mat 3) hardwired motion 4) hardwired panic Any recommendations? Thanks Logged

False alarms with DSC wireless keyfob
Has anyone heard of this problem before ? I have a client with four keyfobs (WLS919-433), one of which shows a low battery when dialing in with DLS software (customer has a DSC Power 832 with the...

Problem with wireless alarm
Hello everyone I need some quick help. I have a Ademco Lynx and set it up myself thanks to all the help from this forum and the home security store forums. Its a completely wireless system. When I...

Revere 44 Watt Siren
This used to be my goto when an extra loud siren was needed for an application. Very noticeably louder than the 30 watt sirens everybody else makes. I was told earlier this week that Revere no longer...

Sur-Gard used receiver equipment for sale
Following a transfer to a new monitoring center, we have the following Sur-gard receiver equipment for sale: 2 - SG-CPM2 receivers 4 - SG-DRL2 line cards 5 - SG-MLRX dual racks 2 - SG-single blank...

Availability of CAA66
Normally I would post this on but there seems to be very little activity there so I'll try here. I'm looking for a Russound CAA66 Audio system with white KP6 controllers. Any suggestions of reliable...

how to encrypt entire drive?
Hiya I need some encryption software to do file, folder and hard drive encryption, with tools like TrueCrypt I can create only encrypted drives, but I want to encrypt single files and folders too, I...

Alarms for doors leading to back yard swimming pool
Local code requires that doors leading to back yard pool must be equipped with an alarm that sounds for 30 seconds when the door is opened. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap, and easy to install...

Binford 8500D
Hi All, I just bought a resale home, that came with an alarm system already in it. The box says it's Binford 8500D. I need a user manuel and an engineers book on it. I feel confident I can work on it...

Optex Alarm Genesys 824r .. the installer manual
hi ALL, i am looking for an installer manual for Optex Genesys 824R. Your help is highly appreciated. Jeff.

Oldbie is back with Newbie Questions
Hi! It's been a few years. Got out of the building and security business a few years ago. Now, even with this tanking economy, I'm back. Don't ask about my IQ - life is what it is and I try to go with...

Bosch Panels and numeric pagers
I have a Bosch 9412G panel and I'd like to make it send messages to my cell's voicemail pager function. The voicemail supports pager mode in this manner. Pickup phone Dial phone number wait 45 seconds...

Lets try something .... again.
I think it rather unique that this suggestion comes from me, but perhaps it's best that it does. Rather than respond to all of the garbage that seems to be accumulating in that other thread, I thought...