Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Concord 3 to Networx wireless worked fine
OK got the Networx panel in today and it took the Concord 3 sensors no problem just had to remove 1st 0 in serial number. it also took the much older door contact which looked to be one of the early...

IPDACT
Anyone used any IPDACT from Fire-Lite? Any other types of IP communications for commercial fire alarms?

Break-In By BREAKING sliding glass doors????
Networkable and GPS options too.

How many wires to a device?
Trying to pre-plan for pre-wiring, I have found a number of helpful posts from the group on wire *sizes* for the different devices that are connected to the panel; however, I don't remember any that...

New Universal Glass Break Detector Tester
I've discovered a new method of testing/adjusting glass break detectors and it's universal!! Works with every manufacturer and all it needs is regular doses of animal crackers and chocolate. It's my...

CCTV ..viewing
Ok after a break in i have now installed 3 wired security cams on eves of house , i have set up an old p4 but now dedicated computer in the LOFT with a internal DVR card to do recording ...quality...

Low Battery- Ademco 5808 rf Smokes
I get chronic Low-Bat messages from one of smokes as mentioned above. I clear it (yeah, I know the sequence). I've also shorted the contacts at the detector for 30 seconds. After a few days.....I get...

Dear Napco
Well that explains it. Just because YOU do everything right does not automatically obligate anyone else to do the same. Where the hell have YOU been? The rules of mutual trust and treatment changed...

"Energy Star" security system control panels?
I've watched a few minutes of it a couple of times.

Texecom vs. Bosch ... (?)
I live in a relatively small isolated town in Thailand, and the only two installers that I have been able to locate, within a reasonable distance, use Texecom and Bosch. If there are only two choices,...

Radionic Panel Programming to a MX8000 Receiver
I need help with programming my radionic panels 9400 series to the MX8000 Receiver. The signals are reporting Untyped Alarms. My automation system is Manitou. Any advice would truely be appreciated. T...

OT ... audio
I guess this is OT unless someone out there is installing audio video. I regularly install home theater systems for my clients. Install flat screens, surround speakers, receivers and integrate all...

Fire Alarm Seminar Schedule
Contact me regarding seminar sponsorship mikebaker at afaa dot org ------------------ December 9-12, 2008 Owasso, OK ------------------ Understanding NFPA 101, Life Safety Code Fire Alarm Requirements...

switch out a concord 3 to networx
I have a buisness customer with a concord 3 at his residence and wants to go to my monitoring center and needless to say company is gone and panel is locked out. looking at how complex the concord 4...

Confusion about cellular solns
Hi, I've been trying to understand how cellular communicators work, and I have to admit, I'm a bit confused. From what I can tell from reading through the docs on the different suppliers (ie:...