Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Favourite sensors?
Hi guys, I'm researching the equipement that vendor has suggested I use for my house alarm, and am trying to determine what is "good" and what is great. So far, this is the recommended equipement:...

Strobes, Bells, and Sirens -- Which and Where?
I am curious to know what are people's opinions on the relative merits (and demerits) of the several types alerting devices, (strobes, bells, sirens, annunciators, etc.); and where are the best places...

Motion detector placement
In some continuing education tests I took a few years ago there was a question about motion sensor placement. They were teaching that corner mount was an incorrect placement for a motion sensor. What...

What is this Alarm Builder thinking
Just got an email opinion poll from one of the many alarm manufactures i buy from and in the poll they want to know if they made there multi button fobs with out the ability to enable one of the...

Got a check from Dave Sharp at DMP this week.
After what? Six years? I got a check from Dave Sharp over at DMP earlier this week. I guess I can no longer run him down about it past problems. Took a while but he made it right.

Need Winn BS-2024 contacts
Anyone got any Winn BS-2024 contacts for sale?

Simplex 4100 Programming Unit?
I'm looking for the software and possibly hardware in the Simplex 4100 Programming Unit kit as reference in the manuals here: picked up a 4100 that I intend to set up at home to play with, and would...

DVR card advice
Hi MAN, you in uk. Micky, Leeds. U.K. 07984073882

Cooler Windy Days
I have three job sites I am working on right now. Unfortunately I hate working outside on windy days, and all three sites require me to work outside. Cameras, photo beams, antennas. Wind is blowing at...

Wet Underground Conduit
I'm talkin' sch. 40, the gray stuff. Your gardeners break that shit too??

Concord 3 to Networx wireless worked fine
OK got the Networx panel in today and it took the Concord 3 sensors no problem just had to remove 1st 0 in serial number. it also took the much older door contact which looked to be one of the early...

IPDACT
Anyone used any IPDACT from Fire-Lite? Any other types of IP communications for commercial fire alarms?

Break-In By BREAKING sliding glass doors????
Networkable and GPS options too.

How many wires to a device?
Trying to pre-plan for pre-wiring, I have found a number of helpful posts from the group on wire *sizes* for the different devices that are connected to the panel; however, I don't remember any that...

New Universal Glass Break Detector Tester
I've discovered a new method of testing/adjusting glass break detectors and it's universal!! Works with every manufacturer and all it needs is regular doses of animal crackers and chocolate. It's my...