Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Have anyone done business with Avalonics, Inc
Hi , I came to know about this company based out of New York, Avalonics, Inc They operate through their website like to know if any of you installers have worked with them ? Any kind of feedback would...

OT: Number of visitors to ASA
As you may notice, I use Google to post here. When I sign on, it gives the number of new posts since my last visit, the number of new topics and the number of "views" to ASA. I'm always amazed at the...

Residentail alarm installers in Pa. will have to register
Pa. Bill 2008-132 will now require remodeling/ general contractors who do more than $500.00 in buisness at a customers residence to register with Pa attorney genrals office bureau of consumer...

Changing Entry Time Delay on ADT Safewatch Pro 3000
Hi Is it possible to change the entry time delay on the ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 key pad? I do not like the fact that there is an entry time delay in the "stay" and "away" mode. I want the alarm to go...

HAI - RC80 Thermostat- How do you disable buttons?
Hello, I would like to disable local access/changes to an HAI Omnistat RC-80 thermostat. Physical location is 2nd story. Thermostat will only be used to monitor current/outside temp. Temperature...

Holiday Wishes
I want to wish all of the regulars, as well as, anyone that may visit the NG in the next couple of days a very safe and happy holiday season. Regardless of our religious beliefs, it is the time of...

Blackberry Storm sync w/Outlook calendar
Anyone have personal experience? Will the new Blackberry sync the calendar with plain old Outlook 2007, without MS Exchange server? I'd like to get one, but if the calendar sync is a pain, then I...

Motion detectors for a scratchbuilt system
First, a blast from the past: Wondering if any old school tech have a schematic/instruction sheet for the controls/outputs on an old Contronic MD-45DC motion detector? There's a thumbwheel POT on one...

Canadian Licensing Question
Is there any licensing, at all, required for the Mississauga, Ontario area? I believe the alarm licensing in Canada refers to Alarm Agents. I read a contract that said "N/A" where the license number...

Schematic for A604/1204
Do any of you fine folks have a schematic for the old model A604/1204 security panel made by Fire Burglary Instruments? Thanks. Stuart.

Camera spoofing?
camera spoofing. clever. http://www.thesentinel.com/302730670790449.php

Come on group
What's going on this group is dieing, Mr Bass where are you man? Regards Micky. Don't let it die like ours did. uk. tech.electronic-security is dead, i need this group.

OT: Jury duty scam
Jury Duty Scam This has been verified by the FBI (their link is also included below). Please pass this on to everyone in your email address book. It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get...

False Alarms
Hi All, I need to evaluate performance of an alarming fence systems. False alarms are major issue. I was wondering if there's a *definition* for false alarm. Is it # of false alarms for somedistance...

Paradox 1686V Keypad
Looking for a local source for a Paradox 1686V spectra keypad. Apparently these are discontinued... good used unit will do. Was looking for Tourman's phone but can't seem to track it down..anyone know...