110V Buzzer

I need a simple 110V low current buzzer. Not some 120Db claxon. Just loud enough to remind me to unlock the spindle brake on a mill before I hit the start button. I could add a second relay trigger by or parallel to the one that activates the brake solenoid, but the last thing I want is more junk dangling inside the control cabinet. A low current modest volume buzzer tied in parallel with the brake solenoid valve would be the easy answer. Originally I had the brake control switch tied in with the emergency stop, but I found that caused other problems like not being able to jog the machine and losing the job elapsed time clock on the controller.

Any suggestions. I know. I know. Do it the more complicated way. Its probably cheaper to since I have power supplies, relays, and buzzers just laying around for low voltage stuff.

I have considered a light bulb, but I'm not sure that's annoying enough to keep me from hitting start before I release the brake. An interlock switch doesn't work either because I need to be able to jog the machine with the brake locked sometimes.

Hi Guys, How's it going? Bob La Londe - The EXCONtractor

P.S. I am really getting to enjoy DIN rail mounted components. SO much easier than looking for a place to shoot some screw in an alarm box.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Welcome back Bob,

I am guessing that you need a little help from outside sources to remember what to do before you break something. BTW this will not get easier as you age. Believe me it will only get worser.

I did a quick check on eBay but the part numbers are available elsewhere as well.

If I understand right then one of following may do the trick. One may OVER DO it but I will leave that up to you to decide. :-)

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Good Luck.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Bob it would be nice if you still had some of that [old] simplex 110vac horn/strobe stuff laying around... hehe

Reply to
Richard

Welcome back Bob,

I am guessing that you need a little help from outside sources to remember what to do before you break something. BTW this will not get easier as you age. Believe me it will only get worser.

I did a quick check on eBay but the part numbers are available elsewhere as well.

If I understand right then one of following may do the trick. One may OVER DO it but I will leave that up to you to decide. :-)

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Good Luck.

Les

Maybe I was just looking for an excuse to chat with youse gouyes. I did the old Ebay look see but didn't see the same answer you did. My first results were 120Db sounders. Yuck.

I work on these machines all the time. Probably know about them than some of the MFGs. Swapped out a servo control yesterday, and when I got done tuning the axis was smoother, faster, and had better acceleration than the stock setup. Then I retuned the other servo controllers on the machine for similar results.

Right now I am looking for a vise with a huge opening and a small footprint for a machine so I can use the full working envelope of the machine. Sigh. Looks like I am going to have to make one. One more reason to buy another piece of equipment. Still haven't ponied up for a surface grinder. I need a bigger bandsaw first. It never ends.... Thank goodness. I'm having so many more good days now.

Bob La Londe - The EXCONtractor

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I don't think I ever had any of that stuff laying around (thank goodness), but I bet Kurt over at KC has some. He rivals me for horded junk. Well actually my junk has gone way down I've thrown so much away in the last year or so. I actually have a couple empty shelves in the shop now. Doesn't mean there isn't anything laying on the floor, but now I have less excuse for leaving it there. LOL.

Bob La Londe - The EXCONtractor

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.