Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ademco Vista 20p
I can't access the program mode via the 6160 kp on my vista 20p either by entering 4112+800 or *+# on power up. My system was working fine until I installed a 6150rf kp in my garage the other day. I...

Altronix
- What is the recommended temperature range for an Altronix power supply? Can it be mounted in a California attic? - What is a good price for the Altronix ALTV1224C4? Do you have a favorite Altronix...

Can you link two motion sensor lights together wirelessly?
Anyone make motion sensor flood lights (I'm looking for two 1000W lights) that can trip each other wirelessly, if either one of them senses motion?

How to reset RANGER 9000 to factory defaults
Please help. PC

Help understanding CID protocol
My goal is to equip the new house with alarm system which is monitored by the central station. I am new to security systems, but once I started learning about them, my DIY personality started leaning...

Does Carbon Monoxide rise or fall?
Don't just blindly put the CO detectors next to smoke detectors. It is important to follow the manufacturer's suggested mounting height which is not the same as smokes.

Will Brinks Panel Unlocker Make Waves?
w w w. s e c u r i t y s y s t e m s n e w s . c o m S E C U R I T Y S Y S T E M S N E W S ? M A R C H 2 0 0 7 By L. Samuel Pfeifle, editor CARLSBAD, Calif.?Advanced Bridging Technologies has released...

Lost and need help
Howdy, I am venturing abroad in June and need to keep my apartment safe for about 3-4 months. Can't find anyone to live in (other than occasional visits like checking mail, etc.) I live in a...

Got my DVS2400 to call me but no annunciation...
Hi there, I've programmed my Linear DVS 2400 to call me when the alarm goes off, but when I answer the call there is no message at all. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? It pretty good even like that...

Linear DXS-54 and pets?
How does the Linear DXS-54 PIR work with small pets, such as a cat? Is there any way to turn down the sensitivity on these things, or mask them in any way? I've got one mounted 7' high in the corner...

Who is running Secure-Gear.com ?
Are any of you running ?

Networx NX-590-E
Hello all, Installing my first NX590 to a NX8 v2 and was wondering if anyone here has set up one of these?? If someone has I would like to converse, otherwise I won't bore everyone with my experience....

DSC DLS 2002 Driver for 1832
Which driver version has the 1832 panel ? Thanks

HELP! Ademco VISTA 20 P Zone Type 1 Won't Fault When Armed
villain383 had written this in response to : I have a Vista 20 P and I have three zones programmed with TYPE 1 that will not fault when the system is armed in either mode. When the system is unarmed...

Several PIRs to single chimer
Had a thief mofo steal stuff from 2 cars on my driveway (house is kind of in the sticks). So, looking for an outside system that can use several motion detectors to signal a system in the house with a...