Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Talking keypads
Hi, I have a Gemini P9600 that I installed about 10 years ago. I have the RS-232 interface and wrote some Java code to log alarm events in a MySQL database and send email when alarms occur. It's...

WTB: ADT Focus 200P
Does anyone have one of these laying around? Thank you Jim Rojas

Security system goes off when door open
My house has a Vista-20P for more than 6 years. A couple of days ago, the LO BAT showed up on the keypad. After research on this forum, I was able to replace the battery. The old battery was UltraTech...

The kid has a new one
My kid and his buddy finished this one about a week ago. They did this one at an open mic and got a standing ovation. What'ya think?

ON-Topic: Check out all these cables - cool pic.
Have you ever seen anything quite like this? OK, this one caught me completely by surprise, because when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was an A/C duct. My head spins at the thought of replacing one...

DSC PC1555
I have customer with a DSC pc1555 Power 632 panel in his house he wants me to monitor after installing a system in his business. I was hoping to connect over the phone line using software because the...

diamond heist
so who's the dipshit installing contacts on the outside of a door? (page 5) and really... the rest of the building didn't have an alarm? Leonardo Notarbartolo strolls into the prison visiting room...

OT: Murder at Safeway
Tired of constantly being broke and stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife, with himself as beneficiary, and...

System Sensor 2W-B
System Sensor 2W-B Is this smoke detector any good? I want to use it on my Ademco Vista 20. Or should I go with a 4-wire?

DLS security stamps
For those of you using DSC's DLS software, I could use some advice about the security stamp feature. I just installed DLS, entered a security stamp, created an account, copied the account files to...

Looking to upgrade DVR, please suggest a model with these features.
Hello, I had four cams and a dvd installed 2 years ago so I could watch the house from home. The reality is I can't watch it all day long, so if something ever goes wrong, I might not be watching. I'd...

Help needed - Vista-20P sets to Fault every time I trip door sensor.
Hi all, I am in the process of installing Vista-20P. I have setup RF Receiver 5881 and registered wireless door sensor to Zone 10. The problem is that even when the system is disarmed once door sensor...

ok, what's the trick?
Got a new Altronix power supply. The punch-outs don't seem to be punched out enough. Should I be able to remove one by pushing hard from the inside with a large screw driver? Or punch with a hammer?...

DVR pricing
> Around CAN$1400 on the westcoast, and btw what isn't made in China nowadays > ?

Honeywell rewards program discontinued
Just went to check my points on the Honeywell reward program to find out it was discontinued as of dec 31 2008 and access to points is only till march 31 09. real nice of Honeywell to tell everyone....