Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Siren gives 1-second shriek when system armed (2023 Update)
This is an Ademco Vista 20P. When I arm the system in Away mode, the siren shrieks once. How can I turn this off?? I tried setting *37 to zero, but it still does it.

Please read the newly posted sign
Playing dodge ball are we?

New installation. Help needed.
OK, here's my setup. I posted here back in Feb when I was buying my new Vista 20P setup. I started installing it today. Got the whole thing in and hooked up. I have a 6160 keypad and a 6150 by the...

Buyer Beware Bass Burglar Alarms. Rated F by BBB.
Buyer Beware. Bass Burglar Alarms aka is rated F by the Better Business Bureau. at your own risk. This organization is not BBB accredited. Electric Equipment Repair in Sarasota, FL. See BBB rating,...

Ademco 15p and AD-2001 Dialer
Have a 15p using a 4204 relay module connected to a AD-2001 dialer. When the alarm trips it calls the programed number OK but hangs up immediately. 15p is set to 2 second close on alarm. Any hints on...

4 wire smokes and EOL's
Ideally, you'd have only one smoke on a zone. Unfortunately, I didn't install todays disaster where there are 9 smokes on 2 zones. Are zone expanders really that expensive? Anyway... I'm now wondering...

Clickit DVR Manuals
Does anyone have any installation, programming or user manuals for any ClickIt branded system? Thank you Jim Rojas

UPlink 2550
Hey...anyone try remote programming a Vista panel over Uplink 2550? I wonder if it would work? It's full reporting and passes CID and SIA from the telco port on panel...I wonder.

The summer alarm salesman are coming
yes once again the college kids will be coming around door to door selling alarm systems and then disappearing into the wood work. One of my dads friends bought into there slick sales and is spending...

Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA
June 9, 2005 VIA CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED Shaker Hassan, Sales Manager, Grand Trades Co. 4701 15th Avenue, N.E. Apartment 108 Seattle, WA 98105 Re: File No. EB-05-SE-059 Dear Shaker...

There will be Blood
Some people in our industry are nothing but total leaches it is pretty clear now that I have survived cancer and starting to come back strong. But no there are those still spreading rumors I'm dead or...

Second wireless receiver on a Ademco Vista 20p?
I have a Vista 20p with 16 wireless zones (ADP Branded). I also happen to have a spare 16 zone wireless receiver. Can I put a second wireless receiver on the 20p? The instructions for installing the...

ADEMCO 4110 Panic alarm
scrambled by user or ?? I dunno why people even bother buying an expensive battery tester....batteries last 3 years these days...you get a low battery signal...you change it...no wondering or fancy...

Thank you for the info
Thanks to everyone that responded to the request for information on the Sentrol Installation Guide post. Everyone has always come through, which is why this group is an important entity to the ones...

Sentrol Installation Guide
I know this document had been referenced here in the past. I don't remember the exact title. It had to do with the installation methods of the Sentrol line of contacts and was made available back in...