Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Motion detector programming
I programmed my pirs as interior follower and they tended to activate the alarm instantly whenever they saw motion. Now I changed them to interior/delay and they give me a chance! Is this OK? I would...

Looking for good quality DVR computer capture card
Looking for good quality computer DVR capture card with these features: Multi-level password access...make only certain cameras visible on monitor or search by password. 4 to 8 inputs + Software...

OT - Bumper Stickers
EARTH FIRST! We'll strip mine the other planets later. Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. The gene pool could use a little chlorine. Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a...

OT - Church Bulletins
From an old "Dear Abby" article I found while cleaning out my desk: Most people don't realize how much editing goes into producing a church bulletin or newsletter. Some announcements have to be...

SIM card cellular alarm dialer.
SIM card cellular alarm dialer. was thinking about getting one of these for a remote cabin with an alarm system, but I am not sure where to find a SIM card to go in it. At first I thought maybe just...

True mistakes
So, here I was, dumb long-haired kid, northern N.J. around 1973, kneeling on the edge of the kitchen counter over the sink. We're wiring the house for the alarm, I've got the kitchen window open and...

Napco system questions
Long time customer moved into house containing Napco 8-zone Panel, two GEM-RP1CAe2 Keypads, and all windows and doors contacted, several CO's, System Sensor SD's, motion detectors, and six or eight...

System Sensor date codes???
Does anyone know if the smokes from System Sensor have date codes on them? I have a couple 2012A's and a couple 2012HA's here that are destined for the garbage. Just curious to see how old they are...

GE Concord Express question
Hey Serviced a Concord Express today, got all bad zones closed up ok. Owner doesn't have any codes and the one installed keypad is NOT a programming keypad, so I don't know if I can get into...

Man, I gotta get me some of these...
No more service calls to replace transmitter batteries!!!

120V Tandem Smoke Detector Operation?
These have a 3 pin detector: Hot, Neutral, and the Tandem. How does the Tandem function work ? In other words, when the detector is activated, what electrical change occurs on the tandem wire ? Is a...

Sell LCD telephone Burglar Alarm Systems
Lenser Technology Co., Ltd., is a professional manufactuer for security products. Our manily products is about GSM house alarm systems,auto-dial alarm systems,CCTV DVRs,IP cameras,security locks. We...

Fire Alarm Seminar Schedule
Contact me regarding seminar sponsorship mikebaker at afaa dot org ------------------ June 9-11, 2009 Chicago, IL ------------------ NFPA World Safety Conference & Exposition 16-18, 2009 Campbell, CA...

Moose Z900 Software
Anyone still have upload/download software for the Moose panels? Thanks, Allan Waghalter

Focus Cadet System
Does anyone have an installation manual. I need to change the call out to another monitoring center so I need the passcodes and instruction for rreprogramming the system.